High pitched noise while driving sometimes [Archive] - Hyundai Sonata Forum

: High pitched noise while driving sometimes

Sgt. Illusion
03-17-2012, 05:56 AM
High pitched noise while driving sometimes. Not sure if I posted in the correct section but please help

-the high pitched noise goes away when I apply the breaks
-the noise increases while I turn left and goes away while I turn right

Like I said above I only hear it on occasion

Thanks

P.s. It's a 08 sonata gls 2.4 cyl.

Thanks

gotv33
03-17-2012, 08:31 PM
High pitched noise while driving sometimes. Not sure if I posted in the correct section but please help

-the high pitched noise goes away when I apply the breaks
-the noise increases while I turn left and goes away while I turn right

Like I said above I only hear it on occasion

Thanks

P.s. It's a 08 sonata gls 2.4 cyl.

Thanks

I had something similar to that. It ended up being my front brakes were worn out, mainly the inner brake pads worn down to the wear bar. Changed the pads and turned the rotors and the noise was gone.

Sgt. Illusion
03-18-2012, 02:19 AM
I had something similar to that. It ended up being my front brakes were worn out, mainly the inner brake pads worn down to the wear bar. Changed the pads and turned the rotors and the noise was gone.

Was the noise you experianced constant or did you only hear it on occasion?

Also Im not exactly sure but I'm thinking I hear it more on roads that dip and raise

gotv33
03-18-2012, 07:59 PM
Was the noise you experianced constant or did you only hear it on occasion?

Also Im not exactly sure but I'm thinking I hear it more on roads that dip and raise

It was not constant. It happened more when making turns and would go away after applying brakes. It didn't matter if the road was smooth or dips it would still make those noises. You can take a look at your brake pads and see if they are worn.

Sgt. Illusion
03-19-2012, 01:10 AM
It was not constant. It happened more when making turns and would go away after applying brakes. It didn't matter if the road was smooth or dips it would still make those noises. You can take a look at your brake pads and see if they are worn.

Cool thanks ill take a look this weekend