2015 fog light kit - Hyundai Sonata Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 01-30-2015, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
2015 fog light kit

I'm a new owner of a '15 Sonata Sport 2.0T. Does anyone have info on a fog
light kit that would look like factory when installed ? as far as I can tell,
Hyundai doesn't show any fog lights on the 2015 Sonata Sport or Limited.

Last edited by rcpbob; 01-31-2015 at 09:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 02-08-2015, 05:30 PM

I found this on Ebay:

Genuine 2015+ Hyundai SONATA Both Fog Light Lamp, Cover, Connector 6EA 1Set

I have been trying to figure out if I can install them on my 2015 Sport 2.4 along with my LED daytime running lights. Any idea if I can add these without losing my running lights?

Last edited by UWAdventurer; 03-08-2015 at 03:32 PM.
post #3 of 14 Old 02-10-2015, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWAdventurer View Post
I found this on Ebay:

I have been trying to figure out if I can install them on my 2015 Sport 2.4 along with my LED daytime running lights. Any idea if I can ad these without losing my running lights?
Can you check your car in the spot where the fog light would go, and see if there is a detachable cover there? Or if the DRL and the black plastic under the DRL is all one piece?

You have a few options. If the cover is detachable, then it will probably fit the fog if the cover is taken off.

If the cover is not detachable, then you will have to cut a hole there to the size of the fog light, but then there is the issue of whether or not there are mounting brackets that hook up to mounting brackets on the fogs.

The third option is, buy the fogs and fog covers for the Korean-spec car, take out the LED DRL from your car, and implant the DRL into the fog cover, which is what some Korean owners are doing.

If anyone would like to test this theory, I can send out a fog light to see if it would work. If you can get it to work, then I can sell you two fog lights, the wiring harness, and multifunction switch that will control the fogs, at a substantial discount.

The problem is, in the US, they only offer the Sonata with the LED DRL, and in Korea, the DRL is not available and they only sell the regular fogs.

post #4 of 14 Old 02-10-2015, 01:21 AM

There is another possibility. The actual black cover could be the same between the US and Korean versions. It could be that they use the same cover, with interchangeable units, being the US version LED DRL or the Korean version chrome molding. If this is the case, then you could simply buy the same thing as what they are selling on eBay, transplant the LED DRL onto the black cover, and use the fogs.
post #5 of 14 Old 02-10-2015, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
2015 fog light kit

Hello Boogyman, if I can get the same mounting hardware as the Asian market, I think I could figure out how to mount the fog lights. I had a Honda Accord that you had to remove the bumper and cut plastic to mount fog lights, but they still had studs on the bumper for screws.
I wouldn't mind trying it out and taking pics to explain what you do. Let me know what you want to do. Bob

Last edited by rcpbob; 02-10-2015 at 10:10 AM.
post #6 of 14 Old 02-10-2015, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpbob View Post
Hello Boogyman, if I can get the same mounting hardware as the Asian market, I think I could figure out how to mount the fog lights. I had a Honda Accord that you had to remove the bumper and cut plastic to mount fog lights, but they still had studs on the bumper for screws.
I wouldn't mind trying it out and taking pics to explain what you do. Let me know what you want to do. Bob

Well, first, can you check your car to see if the black plastic piece that is covering the fog light hole is all one piece? Or, if the middle part is detachable? It may be that Hyundai made only one type of plastic piece, in which case, if the piece is detachable, the fog might just fit in there.
post #7 of 14 Old 03-08-2015, 03:35 PM

I haven't been able to get under my car and look at it. Too much snow and too wet. Has anyone else looked into this further?
post #8 of 14 Old 03-09-2015, 11:23 PM

Smile Fog Light install...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWAdventurer View Post
I found this on Ebay:

I have been trying to figure out if I can install them on my 2015 Sport 2.4 along with my LED daytime running lights. Any idea if I can add these without losing my running lights?
Greetings, The kit you name certainly looks much better than many listed on ebay. If your '15 is like my '09 the current cover should be removable to accommodate the installation. There will be no wiring harness for the light so that you will have to build if not included in the kit. As it is a separate harness and will have it's own power you not lose your DRL. Depending on your installation you could have them both on simultaneously if you so choose. Good luck and post pics on your installation.

Jon

2009 Sonata GLS, 2.4L,
Limo Tint, OEM Mud Flaps,
Diode Dynamics LED's inside & out!
Michelin MXV4 on Voxx Torino 17" wheels
UltraRacing Strut Bar & 20mm Rear Sway Bar
In Cue: Shocks, struts, Eibach Springs, and more Diode Dynamics.
post #9 of 14 Old 03-30-2015, 02:08 PM

I will look at it tonight if I have time, I will be doing my first oil change. Hopefully I can figure something out. Wiring isn't a problem, I usually run mine through a relay under the hood somewhere and add a switch in the car to power the relay.
post #10 of 14 Old 04-01-2015, 05:38 PM

I haven't been able to look at the car from the underside. Has anyone figured out if fog lights can be installed under the LED lights on the front of the 2015 Sonata?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Sonata Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page