05 sonata fuel/crank sensor problems..Please help! - Hyundai Sonata Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 09-12-2011, 03:06 AM

(Thread Starter)
05 sonata fuel/crank sensor problems..Please help!

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum, I am sorry to join this way, but, I have a 2005 Sonata gl with the 2.4 4 cyl engine, I live in Arizona, my car died on the road and would not start, got towed to a shop and they said my crank sensor was bad, timing belt, crank sensor, a adjuster/tensioner was replaced, a sensor plate cover? and other belts were replaced. I drove the car home fine, this morning i went to a home depot, car died on the way home, as of right now, the car is sitting in front of a "very nice" familys house here in AZ, I told the home owners what I had just gone through with the repair, they are super awesome to let me leave it there on 9-11-11, I had the car back in less than 23 hours, same thing as it went in for, I am completely pissed off with the shop, I told them on the phone, i thought it was the fuel pump, turned a corner and started to accelerate, it coughed hard, then sputtered, it would barely start again, They "said" they pulled a code po338 from it, thats funny, I never seen the service engine light come on, I am 9 hours away from calling them, Im pretty upset! I look on my bill tonight, I was charged for a timing belt, 2 serpentine belts and 2 other belts, unless I am wrong, there should be 1 serpentine belt on it, This is my first hyundai, i love the car, feel like i have been screwed! Is there a bad fuel pump relay? Please help me or advise? Thanks everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Sonata Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page