2014 Hyundai Sonata RECALL!!!! - Hyundai Sonata Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 09-14-2014, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
2014 Hyundai Sonata RECALL!!!!

Hi guys, I just got an email from Hyundai saying that they are recalling 2014 Sonatas due to a faulty Gear Shifter which can cause problems like make the car roll away while it is parked. Has anyone had this issue or went to their dealer? Let us Sonata people know! Thank you!
-Josh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-16-2014, 09:28 AM

I received the official recall notice in the mail from Hyundai for this issue on my 2011, however have not taken it in yet for repair. I was kind of hoping to trade the car in the next few weeks.

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS
Pacific Blue Pearl
PEP2
post #3 of 13 Old 09-18-2014, 11:28 PM

Well looks like my car its included as well in the recall since I got tne recall notice yesterday. Is Hyundai covering the cost for the repair?

2013 Hyundai Sonata SE 2.0T

post #4 of 13 Old 09-19-2014, 02:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to RichB Send a message via Yahoo to RichB
as far as I know, anytime a recall happens on the car you are either financing or leasing, any Hyundai dealer is suppose to cover the cost of the part AND labor and you should NOT have to pay a dime!

2013 Hyundai Sonata SE - Radiant Silver

~Plastidipaholic~

Follow me on Instagram & Twitter: @beachbum561fla and @hybridphotographyfl

Be sure to give my wife and I's photography fan page a "like" on Facebook at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 Old 11-07-2015, 07:13 PM

There is a major problem with the Hyundai Sonata called premature engine failure. It affects model years 2011-2015. Enough complaints have already come in that a recall has taken place for 2011 and 2012 models. For later models, Hyundai is denying warranty coverage on the basis of poor owner maintenance. I am talking about a Sonata's engine seizing at 24,000 miles and the 100,000 mile "Best Warranty in the U.S.A." is not honored. Hyundai places the blame squarely on the customer. That's right, the same person it sweet talked in the showroom the year before. Even when full maintenance records are brought in, it's still somehow the customer's fault. Quite simply, if one NEVER changed the oil, a new car should not die at 24,000 miles. What's more, the engine seizure often occurs on the freeway and is a major potential safety issue as it happens suddenly. Meanwhile, they just keep advertising "Best Warranty in the U.S.A.". I would NEVER buy a Hyundai based on the corporation's callous and total disregard for its customers asking for warranty coverage and being rejected out of hand.
post #6 of 13 Old 12-16-2015, 12:43 PM

agree, im scared of hitting 100kpm oh highway, got lots of recalls, but this one is so serious that could cause harm or worst....sad to say im looking for a replacement, i will not experiment again on hyundai, love my car,looks good outside, but inside is ? ...will not wait till problem arise, will trade in..what a waste of money but a peace on mind...camry or accord? both are best bet..
post #7 of 13 Old 01-17-2016, 12:32 AM
post #8 of 13 Old 01-17-2016, 12:36 AM

More info on engine failure

Hyundai Sonata Engine Failure
post #9 of 13 Old 03-14-2016, 01:16 PM

My Engines being replaced

Took our 2012 Sonata with 71,000 miles on it in for engine replacement today. They gave us a loaner and said it would be 3 weeks for the engine to be ordered and replaced. This is for a complete engine not a short block, ours started knocking 3 days ago and seized up about 100 ft. from the dealer when I was driving it this morning, luckily it restarted and made it into the dealers lot.
post #10 of 13 Old 08-30-2016, 04:29 PM

Thumbs down 2014 Hyuandi Sonata Turbo

While Driving my car at approx 45 MPH it just died and would not restart - it was smoking and smelled like something bad happened - I never had any engine lights come on for anything, absolutely no warning - it only has 21K miles and i have taken care of it.. its a lease and i had to have it towed to dealer who has now informed me that the engine seized and would need a new engine. the dealer said they are contacting Hyundai to get approval to replace, I only have just over 1 year left on lease. From what i am reading on various forums Hyundai is not approving repairs and saying its owner neglect.. how can that be the case, no engine should fail at 21K miles, and when it died while driving we had to get the car to the side of the road, my husband checked the oil and there was plenty of oil in the car, and the dealer service said there was No oil in the car.. WTF - it was late at night when it was towed to dealer, not sure if oil leaked or went somewhere else in the engine etc.. but it had oil and we kept it up.. I am seeing alot of engine seizing issues on the forums but 2014 is not apart of the recall, but shouldn't be under warranty? I really liked this car and was considering another Hyundai when lease is up, but not now.. I hope they fix it and provide a rental car.. i cannot afford to fix myself out of pocket and will have to let the car go (which will ruin my credit) but what am i supposed to do?? does anyone have any info on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Sonata Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page