Hybrid Safety Warning Do Not Drive - Hyundai Sonata Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 08-31-2013, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hybrid Safety Warning Do Not Drive

My 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited is coming up with a warning signal "Hybrid Safety Warning Do Not Drive". This has happened on three separate occasions. The common factor has been that I was driving the car on a 95+ degree F day and it happens when I pull in to park after driving for approximately 30 minutes. The car sounds an alarm and the message comes up on the dash above the steering wheel. Does anyone know what this is? Local dealership and Customer Care Line cannot provide explanation or fix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-05-2013, 10:53 AM

Did you dial 800-633-5151? I found that number available on print out of Hyundai Sonata recalls.
post #3 of 9 Old 09-05-2013, 09:10 PM

Wow thats not good, sounds serious. With it still being a 2012 model, give your dealership or Hyundai a call to find out what it is. Do it ASAP, you don't want the car to leave you stranded.

Keep us posted on the issue.

post #4 of 9 Old 09-06-2013, 08:30 AM

Have you actually brought it into the dealership? I would assume if my car told me to stop driving it - I would probably stop.
post #5 of 9 Old 09-06-2013, 10:34 AM

Yea well what it sounds like is the car tells her to stop driving after she has stopped driving, What it sounds like is her Sonata Hybrid is overheating to a certain degree. She said it happens on 95+ days after roughly 30 min of driving, which i assume to be city driving because freeway driving even on hot days is good for the vehicle...

Definitely call up the dealer just to see whats up but i dont think you are in any sudden danger, just your car getting a little unhappy.

I know that Nissan has ignored putting a cooling system in the CVT of the Nissan Leaf feeling most owners will use the vehicle in optimal conditions and drive gently with it. This could be the case of Hyundai assuming something similar and by you driving it in 95+ weather you've taken your Sonata out of "optimal conditions"
post #6 of 9 Old 09-08-2013, 05:07 PM

I am guessing that the warning is caused by the battery pack over heating. So, once the 95+ weather cools off, the battery pack should behave normally. I would call the Service Manager at your Hyundai dealer for his opinion.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-03-2014, 07:42 AM

Mine was doing it too but it was only 37* F outside. However, I guess the battery could still overheat. Did you figure it out?
post #8 of 9 Old 08-21-2015, 04:24 PM

On another website I saw that another person was having the same problem, my car is with the dealership for the second time, they couldn't find the problem the first time and now it is happening more frequently. So I digress, on another website some guy found it was a Neutral Safety Switch makes sense to me because it happens when I put it in park.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-29-2016, 12:14 PM

I do have a Hyundai 2012 Sonata Hybrid, while going in Free way Vehicle stop and display came Hybrid System warning safely stop and do not drive. Taken the car to three different dealer in Houston and every one is explaining there is no issue, finally report to national Customer support they are telling we will discuss with dealer and comeback to you. This is the most dangerous car presently available from Hyundai. No one has manufacture such a bad car like this company. No doubt they are best in advertisement even my car is under warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Sonata Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page