Blind spot detection issue - Hyundai Sonata Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 04-19-2014, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Blind spot detection issue

I am curious if other owners have had issues with the BSD on the '14 Sonata. A couple of times mine has failed to turn on upon startup. The other time while driving on the highway my driver's screen said: BSD cancelled. I did not touch anything nor did I turn it off, but off it was. This happened twice the first time it was reset when I stopped and started the car. The second time it turn off then turned itself on after about 15 mins. Less than 5,000k on the car and I hope this is not one of these once in a while issues that the dealership has trouble fixing. Anyways has anyone else experienced a BSD problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 06-10-2014, 01:27 PM

I also had the same problem yesterday on the highway. The warning came on lasted about 30 minutes and then disappeared. I have not found anything on this glitch.
post #3 of 28 Old 07-08-2014, 09:34 PM

Hyundai BSD failure

I am having the same issue on my 2014 Santa Fe Sport. It has been going on for several months. It is at the dealer now for a third attempt at solving it. The BSD works initially, but "cancels" after ten to twenty unites of driving. This can be a safety issue...you get to rely on the warning and then it leaves you cold.

post #4 of 28 Old 07-09-2014, 03:58 PM

I got word from the dealer that my issue has been solved. There was some kind of interference between the dealer installed trailer wiring harness and the BSD. I'm hoping this solves the issue.
post #5 of 28 Old 12-26-2014, 09:52 AM

bsd canceled

yes I have the same problem in my 2014 santa fe have taken it to the dealer twice and still not resolved. not a happy camper
post #6 of 28 Old 12-31-2014, 04:42 PM

2015 Santa Fe BSD problem also

I have a 2015 Santa Fe GLS Ultimate and I only have 1500 miles on it after 30 days of owning it. Going down the highway today my car displayed the BSD problem also and the blind spot detection doesn't work now
post #7 of 28 Old 01-02-2015, 03:44 PM

Back to the dealership they recalibrated the bad and told me all was ok. Nope same problem, the dealership called technical and no help because there's no code. Sent me home with this ongoing issue I see a lemon law suit coming on.
post #8 of 28 Old 01-02-2015, 03:46 PM

Oh yes mine started at about 2100 miles and I have 3700 on it now
post #9 of 28 Old 01-03-2015, 05:19 PM

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums and just purchased a 2014 Sonata Limited Tech 2.0T and have noticed the BSD either responds late to a vehicle being in my blind spot or doesn't respond at all. I've only got 225 miles on it so was a bit put off by what seems to be an immediate problem with an important safety feature. Overall it seems to be a nice car, I'm coming from a 2013 Genesis 3.8 Tech+Premium which was totaled in a car accident I had a few months ago (lesson learned about not having GAP insurance) ..sigh lol. I'm taking it back into the dealer on Monday for them to look at and will post back with what they tell me.
post #10 of 28 Old 03-29-2015, 03:31 PM

I, like you see problems with this. Mine started at 1400 miles, drive less than 5 miles and it's disabled, dealer will get it Wednesday, see them keeping it a couple hours and sending me with a so-called fix. When I do arrive at dealer will make sure the service writer see's the disabled screen. Have also noticed the A/C will disable itself so I have to wonder what else isn't quite right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Sonata Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page