Springs or Coilovers? Just Let me know! - Hyundai Sonata Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 11-24-2013, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Springs or Coilovers? Just Let me know!

If anyone is interested in D2 lowering spring or coilovers please let me know. I have a great POC there and he has been giving some great deals on the products. The springs lower 1.25 all corners. Not 2" that the site shows. That turned out to be an error on the application guide. The springs are great and handling is much improved immediately!

The coilovers go much lower. Here is a pic of some recently installed:
1385323571369.jpg
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Torchbearer and Nixhex524 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Coastiehog
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 11-24-2013, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastiehog View Post
If anyone is interested in D2 lowering spring or coilovers please let me know. I have a great POC there and he has been giving some great deals on the products. The springs lower 1.25 all corners. Not 2" that the site shows. That turned out to be an error on the application guide. The springs are great and handling is much improved immediately!

The coilovers go much lower. Here is a pic of some recently installed:
Attachment 1441
Thanks my friend. I will!
Coastiehog likes this.

2013 Hyundai Harbor Gray Metallic Sonata SE Turbo. Modifications include WeatherTech window deflectors, 35% tinting, LEDs inside and out. Ultra Racing Strut Bar and anti-sway bars front and back. CG Motor Sports Smoked LED tails. Race Sport 6000K HID lows, Race Sport high power 6000K LED fogs and EZ Lip up front.
post #3 of 22 Old 11-24-2013, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchbearer View Post
Thanks my friend. I will!
Please do....they are the D2 RS series and have adjustable camber plates!

Coastiehog

post #4 of 22 Old 12-05-2013, 01:11 AM

I am looking to go lower, but am having a hard time justifying the price of coilovers as opposed to springs at the moment. The price would have to be super good to not pass up. Springs offer a good drop and with the decent roads out here in SoCal, I think I could get away without changing the shocks and struts. If you could, PM prices for both, I am looking to do something soon. Thanks!
post #5 of 22 Old 12-05-2013, 10:21 AM

Having the ability to adjust height and dampener settings makes the coilovers worth it for me

Plus its easy afterwards to put your stock strut and springs back in afterwards if you return to stock.
Torchbearer likes this.
post #6 of 22 Old 12-05-2013, 11:39 AM

post #7 of 22 Old 12-05-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
Having the ability to adjust height and dampener settings makes the coilovers worth it for me

Plus its easy afterwards to put your stock strut and springs back in afterwards if you return to stock.
This is my main drive for wanting coilovers, the ease of install and removal.
post #8 of 22 Old 12-05-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixhex524 View Post
This is my main drive for wanting coilovers, the ease of install and removal.
I always say thats its better for you to save up for quality pieces you actually want than spending less money on a worse product because you want them NOW!

I'd say wait and save a bit more to get the exact pieces you want, otherwise you just wont be happy
Torchbearer, Storm and himilcyclr like this.
post #9 of 22 Old 12-05-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny View Post
I always say thats its better for you to save up for quality pieces you actually want than spending less money on a worse product because you want them NOW!

I'd say wait and save a bit more to get the exact pieces you want, otherwise you just wont be happy
I 100% agree with this, but from what i have been reading, people have been having issues all different brands of CO so far... Do I want to spend 1000+ to have issues or 200? LOL I need some good options!!!
post #10 of 22 Old 12-05-2013, 10:38 PM

Garage
Springs for me...

I am going with the lowering springs. Replacing the shocks and all the mounting hardware at the same time. It will be a straight R&R for me so going back to the stock will be easy if I need to go that route.

I have already invested in all the parts needed. Thanks for the offers though!

Jon

2009 Sonata GLS, 2.4L,
Limo Tint, OEM Mud Flaps,
Diode Dynamics LED's inside & out!
Michelin MXV4 on Voxx Torino 17" wheels
UltraRacing Strut Bar & 20mm Rear Sway Bar
In Cue: Shocks, struts, Eibach Springs, and more Diode Dynamics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Sonata Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page