Hyundai Sonata Turn Signals LEDs! See Installed Photos! Ships same-day! - Page 2 - Hyundai Sonata Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 32 Old 06-11-2015, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJGeneral1 View Post
Nick, the front bulbs are in a "cap" type of setup. I do not see any wires to them. To change the front bulb, you go in through the wheel well, and pop off a cover, then reach in, unscrew the bulb cap, and the bulb is in there with it, the whole assembly, cap and bulb come out, with no wires. The cap has contacts which connect to the housing when put back in and locked in.

I do not see the wiring harness, and earlier in this thread, it said that only one set of load resistors was needed (either front OR rear) to cover the entire load. Was that a load? or do I need to find the wiring harness of the front headlamp assembly, and figure out which wires are for the turns?
We can provide you with more installation information if you send an email to our customer service team: [email protected]

A standard, 6 ohm 50 watt resistor for each turn signal will typically correct the hyperflashing.

Nick C.

Diode Dynamics

(314) 205-3033

Sonata:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 Old 07-02-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
We can provide you with more installation information if you send an email to our customer service team: [email protected]

A standard, 6 ohm 50 watt resistor for each turn signal will typically correct the hyperflashing.

Nick C.

Well, your guy, phil, didn't help. So I wasted two splices and two resistors. I can reuse the resistors, as stated, but how are the splicers "re-usable"?

I wish to request two additional splicers at no cost to me, as installing all 4 resistors on the rear turns did not fix the issue, as was suggested by your service tech. I will not pay for more splicers, and I will re-use the resistors on the fronts, since obviously your guys know nothing about the car and how the circuits work.

Not very happy right now.

New Hyundai Owner as of Feb. 2014

2013 Sonata Hybrid Base

Firefighter/Fire Police/First Responder (I have flashy lights on my car! People think I'm a cop with the lightbar on top. LOL!)
post #13 of 32 Old 07-02-2015, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
All you need to do is tap the resistors to the turn signal positive and ground wires

If your resistors aren't getting warm during turn-signal use, then the quick-splice connectors aren't installed correctly

Here's the basic installation video for more tips:

The quick-splice connectors are reusable

I apologize for the issues you are having, but it's a very simple and straightforward procedure

Nick C.

Diode Dynamics

(314) 205-3033

Sonata:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 32 Old 07-02-2015, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Driver side: blue/orange (+), and black(-)
Passenger side: red/orange(+) and black(-)

These wires will be on the main headlight harness, All newer Hyundais use an integrated wiring system for their headlights, so all of the wires come out of one headlight connector

Thanks,
Nick C.

Diode Dynamics

(314) 205-3033

Sonata:

Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 07-02-2015 at 06:57 PM.
post #15 of 32 Old 07-04-2015, 10:32 AM

Garage
I waiting until some company comes out with an LED that doesn't need a load resistor or has one built in. I don't want to splice wires and void my warranty.

Debadged rear end
Sickspeed Chrome Dress-up bolts
20% LLumar tint
Plasti Dipped grille and rear emblem
Seibon CF license plate frame
LED map, side marker, trunk, dome, license plate, and reverse lights by Diode Dynamics
Ruff Racing R351 wheels
Megan Racing Springs
post #16 of 32 Old 07-06-2015, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbelieve View Post
I waiting until some company comes out with an LED that doesn't need a load resistor or has one built in. I don't want to splice wires and void my warranty.
Electrical resistance generates heat, heat causes LEDs to fail.

If you had a turn signal LED bulb with built-in resistors, they would get hot and cause premature failure.

We are working on plug and play resistor harnesses, but the splice-in resistors are the standard fix.

If you are concerned with voiding your warranty, I'd suggest leaving your Sonata completely stock

Thanks!
Nick C.

Diode Dynamics

(314) 205-3033

Sonata:

post #17 of 32 Old 07-09-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Driver side: blue/orange (+), and black(-)
Passenger side: red/orange(+) and black(-)

These wires will be on the main headlight harness, All newer Hyundais use an integrated wiring system for their headlights, so all of the wires come out of one headlight connector

Thanks,
Nick C.

THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!

But not sure how the splicers are re-usable, once pressed down in? There's no way to "undo" the crimping, at least that I can tell.

2013 Sonata Hybrid Base

Firefighter/Fire Police/First Responder (I have flashy lights on my car! People think I'm a cop with the lightbar on top. LOL!)
post #18 of 32 Old 07-09-2015, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJGeneral1 View Post
THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!

But not sure how the splicers are re-usable, once pressed down in? There's no way to "undo" the crimping, at least that I can tell.
They can be easily undone, but if you'd rather use a new set, they are sold at every major hardware store for maybe a dollar or two tops

You'll know they are installed correctly if the resistors generate heat with the turn signals applied

Nick C.

Diode Dynamics

(314) 205-3033

Sonata:

post #19 of 32 Old 02-21-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
They can be easily undone, but if you'd rather use a new set, they are sold at every major hardware store for maybe a dollar or two tops

You'll know they are installed correctly if the resistors generate heat with the turn signals applied

Nick C.

Ok, I know this is an OLD post, but I finally got to the front turns. I hooked to the wires you said, and I ended up with a small fire from one of the resistors. It burned itself up and the one lead actually burned off the resistor itself.

Not sure what I did wrong. I did exactly like you said, the power to turn and ground, and had that issue. Luckily I didn't damage any equipment in the car or anything else, just the resistors.

Any ideas?

2013 Sonata Hybrid Base

post #20 of 32 Old 02-21-2017, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Resistors, by their very nature, will get hot when they are in use. Heat is a byproduct of electrical resistance.

For this reason, they should be mounted away from soft plastics, or rubber.

I'm sorry to hear about the installation difficulties you are experiencing, please give us a call for more tips: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.

Diode Dynamics

(314) 205-3033

Sonata:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Sonata Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page