2011-2014 Hyundai Sonata 2.0L Turbo; Kia Optima 2.0L Turbo
-Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor 'A' Circuit; The turbocharger waste-gate is controlled by the ECU to optimize the air/fuel ratio based on the boost output of the turbocharger. When the boost pressure in the intake manifold reaches a target pressure, the ECU opens up the waste-gate to reduce the amount of boost being delivered to the engine. When the waste-gate position sensor is out of range in the fully closed position, this DTC is set and the MIL is illuminated.
- 12-EM-003 or CAN-11-20-007; On some 2011-2012 model year Sonata vehicles equipped with the 2.0T (turbo-GDI) engine, the malfunction indicator light may illuminate with DTC P2562 Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor "A" Circuit. This bulletin describes the procedure to inspect the voltage value for boost pressure actuator position control by using GDS and adjust the EWGA (exhaust waste gate actuator) rod length if necessary.
- Adjustment of EWGA Control Rod
- Electric Waste-Gate Actuator (EWGA)
- Wiring or Connectors
- Engine Control Unit
Check to see if the above TSB has been done yet, if the TSB has not been done, perform the procedures outlined in the TSB. If it has been done proceed with the following troubleshooting.
1. Check the EWGA power circuit as shown in the diagram below.
2. Check the EWGA signal circuit, while operating the waste-gate
If the results are NOT as expected, remedy any wiring or connector issues or replace components as necessary.
If the results are as expected, suspect a faulty ECU. Mileage Symptoms Test Performed None Indicated
MIL Warning Indicator Lamp On
None Indicated Systems DTC Codes Keywords Computers and Control Systems
Adjust EWGA Control Rod
Warranty time, 0.4 Hours
Electric Waste-Gate Actuator (EWGA)
There you go. Let me know if you need anything else. Just trying to help..