Hesitation on excelleration and fast slowing when taking foot off gas - Hyundai Sonata Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Unread 10-17-2019, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Question Hesitation on excelleration and fast slowing when taking foot off gas

I have intermittently noticed that my 2015 Sonata SE hesitates when I accelerate then kicks in and drives smoothly. It also slows abruptly at times when I take my foot off the gas. This also happens intermittently. It did not do this when I first bought it in January 2019.

I had a warranty repair after the engine light was blinking and it had to be towed to a dealer. I really don't understand what was done but was it was not related and that the service person drove it and said it was fine and don't bring it back or I'd be charged because he said it was fine.

Does the Sonata typically do this? Should I just have my local service station check it out at my cost? Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by 15SonataSEmn; 10-17-2019 at 11:30 PM. Reason: date error
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Unread 10-24-2019, 11:59 PM

I have noticed a big difference on my 2015 Sonata when driving it in the ECO mode as far as the acceleration. Seems like a hesitation to move then it goes on like normal. I too have noticed the deceleration when letting off of the gas. I started a thread on this a while back and was told that the deceleration was normal. It just seems weird to me as sometimes I like to coast down a hill but end up having to keep my foot on the gas anyway. What that service person told you about bringing it back just sounds like they don't trust their own work. I hope you get an answer to your situation. I'll be watching this to see.

2015 Sonata Sport Sedan
post #3 of 3 Unread 11-13-2019, 12:55 AM

Hope I'm not too late: I bought my 2013 Limited Sonata back in December from Dickson City Hyundai.(28000 miles on it) About two months later I'm driving in ECO mode and the whole car jerks while I'm already accelerating on the highway. I look down and my RPM gauge is at 0 not moving; but the car is running rough as ****, as in you can feel the motor shudder from a stop and go. Then it would stop after turning the vehicle off and on: until you were in 6th gear and the torque converter kicked on(shift interval between 5-6), and then 5th gear as well! Well it took about another month of this mystery malfunction for Hyundai's OBDII system to actually throw a code, I forget the number however it was the crank position sensor. Okay no biggie so I order the cheapest one off of RockAuto, since I pay 350$ a month for this piece of crap, and what do you know the one I took off HAD THE SAME **** MODEL NUMBER ON IT. From a Hyundai Dealership??? In short: avoid ECO mode, my 2013 has been hesitating for about a month after everything, and it took three 200 mile journeys for the check engine light to say it was a cylinder two misfire. I changed plugs from the dealership with burnt insulators already, as well as the overdue oil from the dealership; OEM replacements of course. Hyundai are halfwits, and if you don't stay ontop of the base issues on these newer models, I've read plenty of horror stories already. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Sonata Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List