Audio Upgrade(s) made easy :) - Page 2 - Hyundai Sonata Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 Old 02-24-2016, 03:54 PM

For the rear door speakers, you chose components. where are you putting the tweeters? Wouldn't it be easier to go with a coax?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 02-24-2016, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbinott View Post
For the rear door speakers, you chose components. where are you putting the tweeters? Wouldn't it be easier to go with a coax?
Yes. It is cheaper and easier to use coaxial speakers in the rear doors as there is not a location for a tweeter.

Another option is to use convertible components in the rear. Such as JL c3. Other companies makes them, I can give you other information later this evening.

Truth be told. The signal going to the rear doors are not full range from the stock head unit. If you have changed your head unit to an aftermarket one...... then, I would spend the money to go components in the rear doors (convertible).

Hope this helps,
Sam.
post #13 of 15 Old 02-13-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donotattempt View Post
I had suggested this particular kicker 8" sub, as your stock "upgraded" audio system runs at 2-ohms, so to take full advantage of the stock amplifier's +/- 70 watts, the use of a 2-ohm sub would certainly be worth it. Please bare in mind that the 8" sub from the factory is a DVC (dual voice coil) driver. As far as installation is concerned, it should be easy enough with the right tools to get off the plastic trim. The installation of the new kicker sub will need a "ring" or two as well as I would suggest under-hanging the sub (installing from the underside of the rear deck); as this will allow enough space between the surround and the "grill" when the speaker hits the low notes.

With a qts of .57, your sub is close enough the 0.7 required / suitable for infinite baffle. Thanks for reading and I do hope adding this to your 2014 SE gives you the results you are seeking; and thanks for reading.

By all means, please post photos of your setup. Thanks.
Lots of Valuable info Donotattempt thank you very much! I'm looking to replace only my factory sub and leave everything else stock for now so my question is should i just get the single voice coil Kicker CompS82 40CWS82 or does kicker have a DVC 2 ohm version available ?

post #14 of 15 Old 02-13-2020, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hey Leon, thanks for the compliment.

Here is the thing with wanting to swap out the stock sub "for now"; you're going to be double and triple spending to upgrade the sub stage of the system, once you have then completely swapped out the interior speakers.

If you want to have a much better bass fulfillment, there are low powered 10", 12", and 15" that can be used on a simple mounted board between the cabin and the trunk. Now, this option, you'll love.

The above mentioned setup can also be used when you decide to use aftermarket amplifiers and drivers, these will also shine even more so. How do I know of this setup? I had two 15s in an infinite battle alignment.

How did these IB 15s sounded? Very phenomenally. If you are thinking of considering the alternative to the 8", you'll be very satisfied; as these 15s played the lows. The high bass frequencies are almost not there, so the door speakers will need to fill in the areas that the 15s, 12s or 10s.
post #15 of 15 Old 03-05-2020, 03:28 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
ALL OUT SETUP

Hi all, I believe I have exhausted all the sonata has to offer electrically to power an all-out setup, and, it is pretty impressive for what it is.

The setup is as follows:-

Stock Head Unit
JL Audio Fix86
Mosconi 6to8 (x2) DSPs
Pioneer PRS-D800 (x2) amplifiers
Zed Audio Leviathan III (x2) midrange amplifiers
Zed Audio Minotaur III interior subwoofer amplifier
Mosconi Zero.3 subwoofer amplifier
Rockford Fosgate Pro NT-8 (x4) tweeters
Eminence 10" beta CMBR midrange driver (x2)
Eminence 10" beta-A midrange-midbass (x2)
Faital Pro 6" midrange (x2) rear doors
Audiofrog G10d4 (x2) in cabin 10" subwoofers (vented enclosure)
Audiofrog G12d4 (x4) in trunk 12" subwoofers

All wires are OFC
1/0 ga. power and ground under hood, front to rear, main.
4 ga. On smaller and interior amplifiers
1/0 ga. on subwoofer amplifiers
8 ga. speaker wires on subwoofers
14 ga. wires on all tweeters and midrange, and, midbass speakers
UPGRADED battery under hood
Additional battery in trunk
-----stock alternator, for now-----

Sound deadening and treatment
License plate
Trunk lid

Subwoofer enclosures
Dual vented enclosure for the 10s in cabin
Dual sealed (shared) enclosure for each pair of 12s

...The result...
You get a sound that will rival those of SUVs and get the gratifying feeling of "yup 🙂, Mhmm, aha, dang-right".

One thing to be said, it was/is a nightmare to tune. However, once I got it dialled in, it was very satisfactory.

How many of us Sonata audio heads would do it? Not sure! Just glad to be here, and to assist in any way I can with Information.

SEB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Sonata Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List