After market GPS - Hyundai Sonata Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-30-2013, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
m2k

(Thread Starter)
After market GPS

Could you please share your experiences with aftermarket GPS units for Sonata 2011-2013?

I found bunch of them on Ebay from below $500 to $800. Some are shipped from USA but cheaper ones are from Hong Kong and China.

They claim they keep steering wheel controls. XM radio might be problem.. but I'm not fan of XM. I'm not going to subscribe after trial subscription.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-21-2013, 12:22 PM

Their is a company called Unavi that offers a true aftermarket Nav system. Completely works with the existing wiring. Looks stock and these guys really back up their product. I installed one on my 2012 sonata with the backup camera and am so overwhelmed by the quality, fit and performance.
post #3 of 6 Old 10-30-2015, 03:39 PM

I'd like to upgrade my standard 2012 Sonata radio also but I've had bad luck with another car when I installed an aftermarket GPS. The voice commands and cell phone quality on the stock radio is pretty decent. Does the Unavi unit retain this functionality?

post #4 of 6 Old 10-30-2015, 05:02 PM

Yes, with UNAVI you keep all of your present features and just add the NAV and backup camera if selected. There partner is CarLightTrends. My wife just told me last night that I need to get the UNAVI X5 soon. Man I love her!!

Red Sonja 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS
post #5 of 6 Old 11-03-2015, 04:59 AM

@enthuz does your Unavi arrived and installed already? Got some pics?

2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited
Automatic 3.3L6 Cylinders FWD
post #6 of 6 Old 11-03-2015, 09:45 AM

@kindred90 Not yet. Other events are taking my $$ right now. However I'm saving for it. She wants is installed soon to the point she has me on a plan to have it paid for and professionally installed. I've never seen the Mod bug hit her before...I'm loving it. I have to go get pricing and material review for tinting this week.

Red Sonja 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Sonata Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page