Sonata Forums banner

2002 Hyundai Sonata GL -- Rear Window Defogger Stopped Working

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  NetworkGuy 
#1 ·
As the post title says, the rear window defogger stopped working. Another side affect is that the dash lights behind the heater controls, which were only about half lite for some time have now all gone out. I believe at the same time the rear window defogger stopped, though I am not exactly sure about the corresponding timing.

The rear window defogger has always worked since we purchased the car from my sister about 6 years ago. It only recently stopped about 1 or 2 weeks back. The dash lights behind the heater controls, which were only about half lite since we got the car, have all gone out at the same time (to the best of my knowledge).

The light in the rear window defogger switch does NOT light up. I checked the obvious and pulled the 10A fuse. It looked good, and since I did not have a replacement, I swapped for another 10A fuse in the box. This did not help.

I saw mention of some type of module within the rear pillar next to the rear window, but I do not know anything about that or if it could even be considered a potential issue.

Could the control [dash] lights of the control be related and is it possible the fixing one might fix the other? I have not yet looked at how to remove that part of the console, but I am sure I can get it off. Are the lights behind the heating controls replaceable?

Open to any suggestions!

Thanks,
Dave

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.