Sonata Forums banner

clicking/knocking /rattle noise coming from rear window/headliner

7K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  sosewme 
#1 ·
I have a noise that is coming from what sounds like the dead rear center of where the rear window meets the headliner in my 2015 Sonata 2.0T with panoramic sunroof. Going down the road straight there is no noise but if I hit bump or make turn even at slow speeds you here this knock/rattle like something is loose. I need to get someone in the car with me to try and isolate it more but there is nothing in the trunk and it is definitely high up by the headliner like underneath where the xm antenna is. Anyone else experienced this? I need to take it in I guess. it is VERY annoying.

Otherwise after 9000 miles and 1 year ownership the car has been flawless. Very happy!

#3 ·
I have a 2016 Sonata Sport and I too can hear a rattle/noise coming from driver side door or roof or middle/rear pillar. I can't pin point it. My kids say they can hear it coming from driver side, while I can hear it coming from left rear passender door/pillar/roof area. What's weird is if I listen to it and move my hear around, it seems like the sound is coming from different sources. It is driving me nuts. The car is only a month old. I just crank up the radio to drown the noise.
I haven't gone to the dealer yet though.

#5 ·
So this is probably the known issue with most panoramic sunroofs. I had mine "fixed" once and lasted for about 5 months. It is driving me nuts! I spoke to a dealer service manger today and they still have NO bulletin on what to do yet from Hyundai. For now they try to add grease to the bolts. ITS NOT WORKING>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.