Winter Tire w/factory height - Hyundai Sonata Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-20-2014, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Winter Tire w/factory height

I plan to purchase a set of winter tires soon and im looking for the widest tire that will fit on my 2011 Sonata. The original/factory tire is 215/55x17

Also, last year i experianced the vibration issue due to ice build up on the rim. Has anyone tried applying grease or a product to avoid this? Out of all my rims throughout the years, ive only experianced this one time. I could not believe i had this issue over and over throughout last winter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-22-2014, 01:18 PM

Normally for winter tires you want to go narrow. Here is a link to the winter tires we carry for your car:

Winter Tires

Let us know if we can be of assistance.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-23-2014, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
please explain, this does not make sense to me. the more rubber that you have on a road, I would imagine the more control that your vehicle would have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
Normally for winter tires you want to go narrow.

Let us know if we can be of assistance.

post #4 of 4 Old 10-24-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ45lanman View Post
please explain, this does not make sense to me. the more rubber that you have on a road, I would imagine the more control that your vehicle would have
Narrow winter tires provide better traction and handling in snow conditions because the narrow footprint (which is focused by the vehicles weight) cuts through snow easier unlike a wide tire that has to plow/push through snow .

As far as ice/snow build-up on the wheels goes, this is common in winter regions. They only thing you can really do is keep them waxed. This includes the barrel of the wheel. Applying a coat of wax a few times throughout the winter months should limit snow and ice from sticking to the wheels. The wax will also add a layer of protection against caustic road salt/chemicals deployed during the winter months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Sonata Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page