Sonata Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car has spark, seems to be getting fuel (verified fuel regulator works) but do not know what the running pressure should be. The only code I got from the computer was a cylinder 4 misfire. The car ran until it was pulled into the driveway and turned off, the engine cranks and occasionally acts like it wants to fire, but just won't do it. I do know my way around cars, but have not had to work on Hyundais much at all, any insight to this issue is appreciated.

TheImpalaMan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I was thinking about the CPS, but since there was no code in the computer for it, it's hard to tell. Does anyone know the prime/running fuel pressure? I want to test that before I rule out fuel.

-TheImpalaMan

P.S. - The first thing I tried was replacing the coils, but that didn't help matters at all. I put a spark test light on it and all 4 cylinders are getting spark.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried starting the car last night with starter fluid, but it still didn't want to fire. This is telling me more and more that the CPS maybe to blame here. I checked the fuel pump and I'm getting pressure, but still don't know how much is the correct pressure. But since I'm getting spark, but it still wouldn't fire with starter fluid, tells me that the spark isn't hitting at the right time. So either the cam or crank position sensor is bad. If anyone has anything else I can try or knows how to test the Cam/Crank position sensors, please let me know. Thanks.

-TheImpalaMan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.