Sonata Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive recently purchased an 09 Sonata V6 SE with 47k miles. Love the car so far - except for the HORRIBLE throttle response. Maybe Im just used to my old celica which even for a base model auto had very quick response. Even in manu-matic mode it just seems to take forever to respond to throttle input. Ive driven other NFs as well and felt the same thing.

Will a CAI help this problem? What is the cause of it? On another note, the gear changes also take forever in manu-matic mode! Whats up with that? Dont get me wrong, I still love the car, but man...

·
Registered
470 Posts
I know exactly what you are talking about, however unfortunatly, CAI wont help solve this 'problem', in fact this is not a problem at all, its just the way how the car is designed.

however if i recall correctly on the other sonata forums (hyundai-forums.com), one of the streetracer (yea i know pretty retarded) dumass tried a genesis coupe 3.8 obx crank pulley and told everyone that his throttle response increased, however i call bs and it probably didnt impact his performance at all.

and the manu-matic shifting mode, its not just our cars, every cars with tiptronics do have some delay time while shifting unless you are driving a bmw with smg, volkswagen dsg or an ACTUAL dual plate/ automated clutch system which gives ultimate response, even the is350 has a long delay in tiptronic mode

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh, very good info, thanks for clearing that up!

I know who you are talking about on hyundai-forums, I wouldnt call BS on that because there's less rotating mass for the engine to turn, so I wouldnt doubt that throttle response and power were improved - if only a very slight bit. But then there's all the debate about whether the stock pulley is more beneficial for the harmonic balancing properties etc...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts