Sonata Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, question for you. I own a 2011 Sonata SE and the local dealer said it is time for the cars "15,000" mile service. The cost is $259. The catchy part is that i had to book the service 3 months ahead so they could reserve me a new turbo to drive for the whole day. Does anyone know about this service or is it just a sales tactic?

Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
470 Posts
$259 for "15,000 mile service"? haha wow, i would tell them to go shove it. checking tire pressure, new air filter and oil change is not worth 259 dollars

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome!

I can't agree more with jpark... most of the time the dealership "recommends" services so they can get your $$$. Take a look at your owners manual and all it really says is to replace the oil/filter... the rest is just visual inspections. If you DIY, I'd check the air intake filter and cabin filter. If those are dirty, then replace them. Cabin filter gets pretty dirty, and its no more than $20 at the parts store. Most dealers charge $80 for this "service".

Hmaservice.com is a good place for some how to's as well as an electronic version of the owners manual and TSBs for your car... plus its free to sign up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can't blame the dealership for trying to make money, but that is ridiculous.

Reminds me of how the Honda dealership tried to push my mother into buying a new 2012 Accord because her 2009 with 25,000 miles on it had worn out rear brake pads.

Of course they didn't mention the class action lawsuit and caliper pin factory error.

Working on a Sonata is relatively easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts