Sonata Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
18" rims are standard with this vehicle. Can I go to 17" rims with higher profile snow tires for my winter set? If so, what rim and tire sizes are appropriate?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2012 2.0 SE (US version). For winter I have 17" alloys with 215/55R17 Firestone Winterforce tires. They are great in snow, slightly noiser than the stock Hankooks. You want to go with a narrower tire for snows that will give you better traction as they will dig in and have less float. A good source for tire sizing information is www.tirerack.com You can also get tire/wheel sets with TPMS sensors mounted and balanced from them. Their prices are competative and they are quick but you do have shipping charges.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
You can go with a 17 inch tire and wheel as stated. Here is a link to the 17 inch tires we show as a fit for your car:

Wheel Products - Discount Tire Direct

We have good stock on a couple of winter tires in 225/50R-17:

Tire Products - Discount Tire Direct

Give us a call for pricing at 1-888-459-4080 for a tire/wheel package with TPMS sensors. When you buy both tires and wheels at the same time we will mount and balance them FREE. Shipping is FREE on all of our products as well.

·
Registered
374 Posts
When choosing a winter tire size, you want to keep the tire a bit more narrower than the stock tire. Since a narrower tire can cut through snow better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts