Sonata Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking at getting 18s for my sonata but i found a nice set of 17x10s with 215/35 tires wondering if they will look to small with a tire that size?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ive been looking at getting 18s for my sonata but i found a nice set of 17x10s with 215/35 tires wondering if they will look to small with a tire that size?
why put 215 tires on 10" wide rim. that will be way overextended.
245/40x17 tires will fit nicer and be closer to correct speedo and odo readings. 245/45x17's even better.
How about offset on those 17x10's; wanna bet you have a problem fitting without interference inside or outside body/suspension members. check the hub bore too; that could be a problem too.
Just cause its a big wide wheel doesn't mean its good.
good luck.

·
Registered
470 Posts
well, im assuming hes going for that hellaflush look hence, wide wheels and stretched tires..

idn if hes on this forum, but alfu from hyundaiforums has had 17inch concave xxr's on his car but with some meaty tires that looked really good, not sure if thats your cup of tea though lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yup^ and i think i know what car you are talking about, not really going for that look, actually i might be getting my wheels tom! ill post some pics when theyre on.

·
Registered
41 Posts
How about 18x9.5 rims with 215/35/18 tires not sure if that will leave me with wheel gap or not..
Compared to the OEM gap will grow by an inch., 23.95 vs 25.97" and half the diameter change. You need 245/40x18 tires but 9.5 rim width is more than you need. 8.5" rim width is more thasn asdequate even with offset down to 40 mm wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts