Sonata Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if i can just cut and re connect these 2 wires to a different battery post?

i forget the colors right now and can get a pic of them tomorrow if necessary, but they are 2 16 or 18 gauge wires that are on a plug that can be disconnected from the negative terminal on the battery.

i'm looking to change out my battery terminals as well as doing the "Big 3" upgrade with 0gauge wire and want to know what these are before i do.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
If they are indeed attached to the ground terminal of the battery, cutting them should not cause a problem since they are shorted already. Maybe they are a ground for some accessory? I plead ignorant.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Considering they are attached to the ground terminal on the battery, they must provide a ground path for something, so it shouldn't create any problem if you cut them and reattach them to the new ground terminal. I wouldn't leave them unattached.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did one of the big three upgrades and the power drain on my car is noticeably less with my high power demand of an hid kit and a subwoofer I added another ground from the engine to the chassis 2g wire from the air intake manifold to chassis on 02 v6 gls

·
Registered
222 Posts
im sure these are grounds. i guess if the main ground is connected you could tech connect these two small wires to another ground anywhere on the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts