Sonata Forums banner

20007 Sonata with salvage title

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  rooster22 
#1 ·
My daughter wrecked her 2007 Sonata. Damage was only to the right rear door, bent unibody floor pan, and suspension parts. Insurance decided to "total " the car. She took a settlement from her insurance company, is keeping the car, and now is having the car repaired at a collision shop.

My question...........car is (will be) in good condition with 90K odo miles. What is a fair retail price, if for selling by owner? What is a good trade in price? The car will have a "salvage" title.

thanks,
Rooster2

#2 ·
I can't say it was a good idea to keep the car, if it was up to me I would let it stay totaled and move on.

It's going to be hard to say what price it can go for, as it will take seeing the car and inspecting it to come up with the best price possible. It's best if you hire an appraiser. It will be on a "rebuilt" title.

#3 ·
Here is what Edmund.com says...

"Since you will most likely be selling the vehicle to a private party, our advice is to use the price you paid for the salvage-title car as a starting point in your sale negotiations. If you've driven the vehicle for a few years, deduct a couple thousand dollars. Test the market with a price higher than what you have in mind and work your way down until you get the offers you're looking for."

I hope this helps you.

I had a '97 Honda Civic that was in a wreck and totaled. It had 140,000 miles on it at the time. I too took a settlement from my insurance company and received a salvage title. I ended up selling the car at 213,000 miles and got $1500.00 dollars for it. The best of luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.