Sonata Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2007 Sonata and the airbag light stays on all the time. Can this be fixed cheaply?

·
Registered
41 Posts
you can use a tool to read out the code and then reset the light, I know this tool can do your car, hope help.​

There are several OBD II readers available. Just saw one in Advance for $50. However I don't know if there is a readout for airbags. You may have to dget a dealer to reset that code unless its for a loose or disconnected connector. It shoud be easy to make sure all conections between the CPU and airbasgs are tight.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The OBD reader won't read what the airbag light is about. If the airbag light is on it means something is wrong with the airbag system. Try disconnecting the battery for 10 mins and reconnecting it. If it still pops up. Unless you are very technically gifted I'd just bring it to the dealer and ask what's going on. The airbag is a safety issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have this problem too, and have to get it inspected this week. can i just pull out the fuse, just for the inspection? or will that cause a problem with somthing else?

·
Registered
130 Posts
i have this problem too, and have to get it inspected this week. can i just pull out the fuse, just for the inspection? or will that cause a problem with somthing else?
with my previous experience, pulling out the fuse for the air bag shouldn't be an issue. when putting the fuse back you may want to turn the car completely off, install fuse and turn the car on back again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You need your passenger seat bottom reset at a factory. They all do that. There was a recall or safety issue on this. Mine was done a year ago. I got a loaner for a week, and they shipped the passenger bottom seat cushion to a company that repairs or resets things. So far, so good. I'd hate to have to pay for that repair though. Must be $800.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You need your passenger seat bottom reset at a factory. They all do that. There was a recall or safety issue on this. Mine was done a year ago. I got a loaner for a week, and they shipped the passenger bottom seat cushion to a company that repairs or resets things. So far, so good. I'd hate to have to pay for that repair though. Must be $800.
Hey V3.3! Can't wait for your Videos. Post one from your recent trip?? Is it the Air Bag light from the Dash Cluster, or is it Passenger Air Bag light. None of the posters mentioned the Seat? Of course this is a two year old thread too?

·
Registered
63 Posts
So in your case V3.3 it is/was a total short in the Airbag system, not just from the passenger seat cushion. There are clips in the seat belt that can go bad, and the connectors under both seats are 100% exposed. Always check those connectors and don't let anything roll around in the back or under the seat. Connectors will break!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes. I don't know if the mat/pad in the seat was replaced, or recalibrated. Sofa, so good! Knock wood.
My Sonata is the hottest in all the land. Kneel before me!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Glad I spotted this post. Daughter's 07 Sonata has the air bag light on. I heard there was a safety recall on this issue. I am going to call the dealer with the VIN, to verify this will be fixed under warranty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts