Sonata Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone here have an exhaust for the 06-08? or does anyone know what mufflers and pipes you will need to make a custom exhaust?

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
hes right we need to know more about the car, and you can use basically any pipe or muffler you want, its all just a matter of how they sound, the engine it self is fairly quiet, and only really gets loud when its coming off the headers, or if you straight pipe it. the best suggestion it to youtube videos of sonatas with different exhausts on their cars and find out what you like and go from there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the 3.3 v6, I'm thinking of getting a high flow cat, eliminating the resonator then going ahead to get two Borla mufflers which are universal 2 1/4 inch fitting "Koreanautoimports.com" have a catback exhaust it's listed as 1500 $

Anyone else do any performance work on the car?

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
just piece it together, it cheaper and easier that way, and you can make sure everything fits and is good for your engine

·
Registered
1 Posts
I cut out both mufflers on my 06 V6. Its much louder. Borderline annoying. Everyone tells me it sounds like a louder BMW. My next plan is to go Cat back 2 1/2 to a set of Magnaflow mufflers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts