Sonata Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the weather getting cold, we have noticed a one time clunk with our '09 sonata. Basically when braking and hitting lower speeds and coming to a stop, the car does a one time clunk when it's cold. I guess you don't hear anything, just feel it in the car. If I keep driving around, as long as the car is cold, it will do it one time braking at lower speeds to a stop. Once the car is warmed up, it does not do it anymore. I put new brake pads on the car a month ago, and bled all four brake calipers. When I jack up the car, there is no play in either front wheel. I checked all bushings, and nothing is cracked or falling apart. The car only has 48,000 miles on it...basically looks brand new all over (outside, inside, underneath). I'm at a loss. Any ideas or help would be appreciated! I did a forum search for 2009, thump, clunk, jerk, and couldn't find anything. Sorry if this has been covered, but I hope there is an answer out there!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i guess someone can delete this. i ended up searching more and finding multiple tsb regarding the cold transmission shift clunks. will be trying to get it in this week.

·
Registered
156 Posts
yep, TSB should do the trick. If it doesn't help, change the tranny fluid to a different SPIII spec.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same problem with my 2009 Sonata. When it is cold (sat over night or all day) and even if I let it warm up, when I go to brake, my car "jerks" once each time I brake. I have had my transmission mtc. done and my brakes checked. Did you fix your problem? please share. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also having same problem....where can I get info regarding the TSB? IIRC this happened last winter as well - only seems to happen when it's really cold. I will be taking to the dealership, but would like to see the TSB. Haven't been to the dealer since my first service, so want to know what I'm dealing with. Since I'm not a "regular" want to make sure they don't try to throw in additional services/charges.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts