Sonata Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2009 Sonata Limited has a heater issue. The driver vents all blow cold air, regardless of the temperature settings. However the passenger vents all blow warm/hot air as they should. I can't figure out what is going on or how to repair this situation. If anyone has a solution, I will be greatly appreciate the feed back.

Thanks,
BFarr

·
Registered
374 Posts
i want to say the heater core but your still getting warm/hot air on the other side, have you taken it into the dealer as yet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Heat Issue

I have a similar issue in the 2011 Hybrid Sonata that I drive. All the vents blow cold air when idling (or going very slow). Operation is fine when moving. All this regardless of settings (auto, econ, defrost). Anyone have similar issues or answere?
Thanks.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have a similar issue in the 2011 Hybrid Sonata that I drive. All the vents blow cold air when idling (or going very slow). Operation is fine when moving. All this regardless of settings (auto, econ, defrost). Anyone have similar issues or answere?
Thanks.

i believe the drive belts help power the functional parts of the heater work harder when the vehicle is in motion, so far sounds like a power issue.....maybe the car isn't getting enough power on idle?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is in addition to the original posting:

It doesn't matter what the driving conditions are(fast or slow)...it is cold on the driver side(all vents) and warm/hot on the passenger side(all vents). .
Thanks for anyone's input!

BFarr

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update to my 2011 heat issue; it only blows unheated air when running under battery power. Bringing to dealer this week for a diagnosis even though they never heard of an issue like this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Heat Issue Resolved

Dealer's mechanic was able to track the problem to the wires leading out of the fuse box, and fixed them under warranty. Glad to have the heat back as old man winter digs in...

·
Registered
1 Posts
The problem is the drivers side Temperature Control Actuator is hung up. Remove the plastic cover on the left side of the center console (next to the gas pedal). Pull the power front edge of the panel away from the console to remove. There is a metal linkage going from the actuator to the temperature control diverter. Gently push/pull the linkage while the car is running with the heat on. The linkage should move and the diverter should start controlling temperature to the driver side properly. Change the temperature set point several times to change from heat to cool and back again. If everything works properly, re-install the cover - you've fixed it for free.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts