Sonata Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, instead of taking my Sonata into the dealer im going to try doing this myself but I have a few questions.

What brand is the best to go with? Part number?

How do I go about changing the cabin air filter?

·
Registered
15 Posts
What?!?! You need NO tools - ZERO - other than your fingers for either filter. Your owner's manual holds the key grasshopper. ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
1. Disconnect the damper (B) from the glove box (A).

2. Disconnect the glove box lift (C).

3. Remove the filter cover (A) with pushing the knob.

4. Replace the air filter (B), install it after making sure of the direction of air filter.

In case of driving in an air-polluted area or rugged terrain, check and replace the air filter as frequently as possible.

5. Installation is the reverse order of removal.

or here theres a video lol

Cabin Filter Replacement: 2011-2011 Hyundai Sonata - 2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.4L 4 Cyl.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Common Do It Yourself Maintenance Sonata 2011

Here are a few videos for the Sonata 2011 I made including the cabin air filter:

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Sonata 2011: Hyundai Sonata (YF) 2011 2.0T Turbo Cabin Air Filter Check/Replacement - YouTube

Spark Plug Replacement Sonata 2011: Spark Plug Check/Replacement Hyundai Sonata 2011 2.0T SE (Turbo) - YouTube

PCV Valve check Sonata 2011: PCV Check/Replacement Hyundai Sonata 2011 2.0T SE (Turbo) Every 35,000 Miles - YouTube

Oil & Filter Change Hyundai Sonata 2011: Oil & Filter Change Hyundai Sonata 2011 SE 2.0T (Turbo) - YouTube

Engine Air Filter Check and Replacement: Air Filter Check/Replacement Hyundai Sonata 2011 2.0T SE Turbo. - YouTube
http://youtu.be/gc3xm7KCv3g

1 - 7 of 7 Posts