Sonata Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a couple of questions combined into one big question. If you can’t answer them all together please try to answer separately.

1. I drive a 2011 sonata that has roughly 120,000 miles. I have had it for about 3 years with no problems. I was sitting idle in a drive through the other day for about 20 minutes and my car started to overheat. I noticed as I was leaving the drive through and pulled over and turned off the engine. After about twenty minutes I turned it back on and drove home and everything was fine. The next day I drove it to work and everything was fine but I still took it to a mechanic anyway. Turns out my fans (AC and radiator) are not turning on. Yesterday afternoon he said it wasn’t a fuse and he would check more today. Does anyone know why this might happen?

2. Today i called to check on it and he said he was about to drive it onto a lift and would let me know. He called back 5 minutes later and said it would not start and he thinks the starter is bad. My starter has never once given me problems and was fine when I dropped it off yesterday. It is a push to start and he said the lights and everything come on when he presses the button but that it does not even try to crank. Does anyone know how it could go out so fast like this?

My last question is: does anyone know if the two problems could be connected? Is there a wiring or computer issue that could have caused the fans to stop receiving power, that could also have led to my starter to stop working or receiving power a couple of days later? And if there is no chance these problems are connected I would still appreciate input.
Thank you all in advance for your help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts