Sonata Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm in the market for a 2013 2.0T Sonata and was wondering what the true MPG is for this car.

I would reconsider if it's not clsoe to the 2.4l version

Anyone have experience? I'm sure the 2012 is the same so please chime in.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
mpg on Sonata

Hi JV: I'm in the middle of a fuel economy discussion now with the Hyundai dealership. We bought our 2012 base model Sonata in April/12 and have been very happy until Aug. when our "AVG Economy" display now reads much higher than it did for the first 4 months. In metric, we would always average 5.4 - 6.0 L/100 km's, but lately it's been over 7.6. If you're in the US that translates to 40 to 43 mpg and now we're at 30 - 33.
It's still a great looking and riding car and comfortable with great feature (toys), but the economy seems to have everyone baffled.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great Mpg

I just bought a 2013 2.0T and had it about 3 weeks now and the gas milage is averageing 43 or so highway. I have actually gotten to reach 50 mpg for a spread of 13 miles or so. I am pleased. City can range and is slightly under the 24 mpg reating they provide but the combined MPG I am receiving is higher.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, mines about the same as stabes. Very disappointed with
It lately. I've even been easy on the throttle, vey hard to do by the
Way.
All in all the car is fun and rides great still

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can view quite a few reports, with driving style and conditions, here:

Hyundai Sonata Gas Mileage (MPG)

You only see all entries if you're signed in, because this provides an incentive for people to join and help provide the information. Looking at all entries for the 2011 (we have fewer for the 2012), the 2.0T is averaging 27 MPG vs 32 MPG, but 2.0T drivers also spend a little more time in traffic and drive with a heavier foot (not a big surprise, if they weren't going to use the turbo they wouldn't have bought it).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2013 LTD 2.0 Turbo; I got 22 mpg with a lot of idling and around town. If JVMagic is looking for a high mpg car the 2.0 turbo is NOT the way to go; stay with the 2.4

1 - 7 of 7 Posts