Sonata Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum, first post here.

I have two 2012 Sonatas the we bought at the same time as his and hers cars.

Our package is key, not button start, and has the remote start with the fob. The Blue Link remote (from phone or computer) features of lock, unlock, honk horn and flash lights were demonstrated to us at the time of sale, and worked fine for six months.

At that time the unlock feature started working incorrectly on both cars, it will unlock but the alarm goes off. I have made dozens of calls to customer service and taken it to the dealer multiple time. This last time they deleted our registration, and re-registered us, but it did not fix the problem.

Now they are saying that the car doesn't have the unlock feature, only button starts have it. This despite the lock, honk, and light features still work.

The dealer tells me he thinks Hyundai did upgrades to Blue Link features to higher end packages, and it screwed up my model.

QUESTION: Does anyone have this model Sonata, and does yours unlock work or has it stopped working?

Thanks, you reply will help with my Lemon Law arbitration.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ditched Blue Link. It is not all that useful for what it costs and many of its features are free on a smart phone already.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blue Link

I ditched Blue Link. It is not all that useful for what it costs and many of its features are free on a smart phone already.
It is only the unlock feature, which is not a subscription item. Did you have the same model, and could you unlock it from a computer?

·
Registered
6 Posts
new to the blue link. Love the remote start for winter. Not sure if I want to pay after trial though. Where can you get features free on the smart phone?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts