Sonata Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

New Sonata owner here. First Hyundai, and I am very pleased so far. 879 miles. I am always looking for a little extra, so I am trying to figure out where to start.

Gas Mileage is good so far, and Power is pretty adequate too. Just trying to get some resonable ideas for power adders without compromising my warranty or gas mileage....any ideas. All help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chad

·
Registered
46 Posts
the easiest thing to add on without the warranty getting void is a exhaust system. and maybe a intake system, depending on the dealership they may or not say anything about. but simple as a intake, you can always uninstall it when going in for service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Any suggestions on exhaust or intake? Where to start? Would you need an ecu flash for all those changes? Thsnks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cool. Any suggestions on exhaust or intake? Where to start? Would you need an ecu flash for all those changes? Thsnks

Check K&N for intake system, tho we have not found them to be worth the cost. Check ebay for Hyundai after catalst exhaust systems bot we have not found them very effective because manufacturers do a much better job of efficient exhasts (and intakes) than they used to. cleaning your air filter often is probably the best route. Not replace but clean with good vacuum cleaner to suck out filtered stufdf.
There used to be a supplier of low pressure drop filters but we haven't seen or heard from them in quite a while.
Stock filters now are much better than they used to be as well.
The only thing we found useful on showroom stock racers is filing off corners on any flow system, intake or exhaust. That usually gains a few horsepower. NOt great, about the same as those exhaust or intake systems wwwwhich really are advantageous at full power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts