Sonata Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new 2012 Sonata Turbo and it has to have its fuel tank replaced even before I have taken possession. All paid for and licensed but no joy until the fuel tank is replaced in a few days. The dealer has to order the tank. Have any of you had a similar experience?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought a new 2012 Sonata Turbo and it has to have its fuel tank replaced even before I have taken possession. All paid for and licensed but no joy until the fuel tank is replaced in a few days. The dealer has to order the tank. Have any of you had a similar experience?

Question is why does tank have to be replaced? damaged in shipment is what it sounds like. How about taking another car? Lots of bureaucracy paperwork but ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently, the relief valve which is an integral part of the tank doesn't function. They noticed that there was a problem when they tried to fuel the vehicle and the back pressure triggered the nozzle to continuously stop. They said they checked the fuel pump and charcoal canister and they were fine so as a last resort they're replacing the tank. The car was a special order and the dealer doesn't have the exact model in stock. I can live with it if all they need is to replace the tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts