Sonata Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult is it to replace the hood strut arm (keeps the hood from falling on your head). Any good directions or links?

I have the 2.4 L and what is a good spark plug to use for city driving? ALso, name of a good serpeentine belt for the engine?

THNAKS

·
Registered
1 Posts
How difficult is it to replace the hood strut arm (keeps the hood from falling on your head). Any good directions or links?

I have the 2.4 L and what is a good spark plug to use for city driving? ALso, name of a good serpeentine belt for the engine?

THNAKS
I know this reply is late, but I also had hood strut failure (hood would not stay up) on our 2015 Sonata. These are what I replaced them with and now you can just lift the hood up about 12" and it will open itself up the rest of the way and stay there: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CHXKPX5/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Hyundai|3&Model=Sonata|21&Year=2015|2015&ie=UTF8&vehicleId=4&vehicleType=automotive All you need is a small screwdriver to unlock a tab on the struts to make them release. The new ones just snap back into place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts