Sonata Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving to airport late Sunday night my 56000 mile sonata died - initially I thought it was battery - but several people stopped with charge packs and it did not help- I know grounds are bolted over paint but that is another issue(besides my lights still worked) Used MCA for towing - took two hours for that outfit to obtain a tow company!$??

Towed Sonata to dealer and they said it had a connecting rod failure and are checking with warranty are to see if it is covered. I did hear a whining for a few weeks before it occurred. Will post an update as I should learn something soon. The Sonata has been dealer maintained up to this point and has been very dependable - I can only complain about thick A Pillars, that impair vision, and the seats are bricks(especially bad on long trips) - other than that I am satisfied with purchase. I do wish the 10 yr warranty would state what "selected engine components" are actually covered or at least point you to a website with the details spelled out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While driving to airport late Sunday night my 56000 mile sonata died - initially I thought it was battery - but several people stopped with charge packs and it did not help- I know grounds are bolted over paint but that is another issue(besides my lights still worked) Used MCA for towing - took two hours for that outfit to obtain a tow company!$??

Towed Sonata to dealer and they said it had a connecting rod failure and are checking with warranty are to see if it is covered. I did hear a whining for a few weeks before it occurred. Will post an update as I should learn something soon. The Sonata has been dealer maintained up to this point and has been very dependable - I can only complain about thick A Pillars, that impair vision, and the seats are bricks(especially bad on long trips) - other than that I am satisfied with purchase. I do wish the 10 yr warranty would state what "selected engine components" are actually covered or at least point you to a website with the details spelled out.
sorry - 3 years late on update - but engine repair was fully covered and car has ran fine since - front tires like to wear but that is probably normal

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L
6 Posts
I had a similar situation, where my 2011 Sonata engine died on my way to work one morning. The car was towed to my nearest Hyundai dealer, and they replaced the engine at no cost to me, since it was still under the 120k mile drivetrain warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts