Sonata Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the car hate the steering. Way to sensitve I had it into the dealer ship and checked on how the gear was set and it is on the less sensitve setting. I only have 1300 miles on it. the dealer is going to check the alignment at 1500 to 2000 miles. I have sent a complaint to Hyundai and have a case open. I am all over the road with this car My other Hyundais ere XG-350L and Azera just trade the Azera I wish I would have kept it. If this issue cant be fixed I gess it's my last Hyundai!!!! i hate to say that because up until now they have all been good. Has anyone else run into this? I know 211 and 2012 had troubles aswell Need help!!!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2013 sonata steering

I just had it aligned and still diffs left or right. Not a fun car to drive. I do have a case open with Hyundai but I think that will fall on deaf ears. Love the car, hate the steering!!!!!! Gets good mileage runs well, just not fun to drive.:mad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2013 Sonata Limited and think the steering in mine is fantastic, in fact I have very few gripes with the car at all. Hope you get that sorted out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2013 Sonata - I just bought the car last Monday and put about 600 miles on my car in one long trip. I hate the sterring feel. Car wanders to easily.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got mine a few months and its a SE and think it handles really good. Its a 2013 and I really did not have any issues but I have heard this is a common problem

·
Registered
10 Posts
With over 43,000 the steering is the same for me (to loose). Dealer said everything is with in specs. I guess I got somewhat use to it but I still have to slow down around a sharp curve at highway speed. From reading reviews over the last few years it seems the car is top heavy and steering has no feel to it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A different steering complaint

From what I have read since buying our 2011 Sonata GLS PZEV, drifting or pulling are among the more common complaints with the car.

What I feel on my car is the exact opposite of your complaint. My car really wants to go straight. It feels like there is too much caster. It takes no steering effort to go straight, but if I try to turn the steering wheel more than a few degrees either direction, the wheel actually seems to fight me.

It's always been like this but my wife has been driving it and she didn't mind it. Now that it's MY daily driver, I notice it a lot and don't like it.

Granted this is far preferable to a car that wanders back and forth, but if I do need to make a little correction to change lanes or something, it's more effort than any other car I've had. By the end of an hour of driving, my arm is actually tired from fighting this puppy. I let my car buff friend try it, and he agreed, but he said he kinda likes his cars to be that way. He then let me drive his nearly new Mazda and it was not like mine. The steering was relatively easy no matter where your front tires were aimed.

Anyone else have a steering wheel that doesn't feel right? Is there anything I can do to make it more neutral?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts