Sonata Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a little mishap in my driveway and ran into the back of my 14 Sonata with my 07 Santa Fe. It just scratched the Santa Fe, but cracked the rear cover on the Sonata. I have a $500 deductible, so I thought I might try to find a good price on the cover, and change it myself. All I would have to do is have it painted. I know the '14 is different than the '13, so there probably isn't much info on it, but I was hoping someone could help. Thanks

·
Registered
374 Posts
You might have some luck checking with local scrap yards with trying to find a 2014 bumper cover. there might be some fresh road kill somewhere.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not sure if you already figured this out but the '14 bumper cover is the same as the older hybrids. These covers come with the actual bumper cover and an additional piece at the bottom (the black difuser looking part) As for the underpinnings, underneath the bumper cover everything is very different compared to the <'14 sonatas (non hybrids). had a whole lot of work to convert my '13 rear end to '14

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Not sure if you already figured this out but the '14 bumper cover is the same as the older hybrids. These covers come with the actual bumper cover and an additional piece at the bottom (the black difuser looking part) As for the underpinnings, underneath the bumper cover everything is very different compared to the <'14 sonatas (non hybrids). had a whole lot of work to convert my '13 rear end to '14
I think it is a pain in the behind that well worth at the end, I purchased my Sonata and after like a month after the '14 started arriving at the dealerships... I was really pissed off when that happened since I love the design of that bumper and not only the extras that comes with those newer Sonatas.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think it is a pain in the behind that well worth at the end, I purchased my Sonata and after like a month after the '14 started arriving at the dealerships... I was really pissed off when that happened since I love the design of that bumper and not only the extras that comes with those newer Sonatas.
Well in that case let me tease you a bit :p

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
That looks really nice! Is it hard to remove the rear bumper?
If by removing you mean swapping out the 13 for 14 then yes. You have to swap out pretty much everything under the bumper as well in order for it to fit proper. If you mean just pulling off the old bumper, it was really easy, someone crashed into the back of my car and I just ripped it off to keep it from hanging until my insurance approved repairs

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts