Sonata Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here and seriously thinking of purchasing 2014 Sonata SE2.0T with standard package. Anybody have 2014 Sonata with SE2.0T trim? How do you like the car overall?

Or should I wait for 2015 Sonata?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I own a 2013 Sonata SE 2.0 Turbo and I'm very happy with it. Really no complaints so far. It has just over 900 miles on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
All the car magazines say it has a rough ride because of the performance suspension. Can any one that has one comment on this please. I hate to spend 2k more on a limited!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^Right, I mean I'm going to test drive one, once the local hyundai dealer has SE2.0T turbo in their lot.

I would like to see how "rough" the ride is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Please report back your opinion. I am going to buy either an SE or Limited turbo next year when my current lease is up. I'd rather buy an SE because I don't really like leather or a moonroof. If the ride is too rough, I'll have to go with the Limited because I don't feel like getting beat to death every time I get in the car.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, I will keep you posted. They said at this rate, I will have to wait till early Jan for them to have one in stock.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
All the car magazines say it has a rough ride because of the performance suspension. Can any one that has one comment on this please. I hate to spend 2k more on a limited!
I drive a Harbor Gray Metallic 2013 Sonata SE. It's a little rougher than a standard GLS. I personally love the suspension... it's very responsive and tight in the turns. Besides, the SE has 18" wheels and tires on it. My suggestion is take one for a drive... try both the SE and GLS.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Please report back your opinion. I am going to buy either an SE or Limited turbo next year when my current lease is up. I'd rather buy an SE because I don't really like leather or a moonroof. If the ride is too rough, I'll have to go with the Limited because I don't feel like getting beat to death every time I get in the car.

Thanks in advance.
You won't get beat to death in an SE. I drive a 2013 Sonata SE Turbo and it feels good to me. Yes, it is a little rougher over railroad tracks, pot holes, etc., but you don't fly over those anyways. The SE is tight in the turns with good responsive handling. It has 18" wheels and tires so there is some buffering there. Like I mentioned in a previous post, test drive one and see if suits you. My 2012 Sonata SE is lowered using Eibach Pro Kit springs with 19" x 8.5" wheels, sway bars front and back with a strut bar. That one will ride rougher compared to the 2013. Oh and my 2013 has leather seats and a sunroof

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I will take both the Limited and Se turbos for a ride when the time comes. I don't like dealing with salesmen until I absolutely have to. If you know what I mean.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
...I don't like dealing with salesmen until I absolutely have to. If you know what I mean.

Trust me, I completely understand, especially car salesmen.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's very smooth in my opinion. Nice and easy! :)
Nice! I know I'm probably going to love the test drive on the turbo, but I wouldn't want to potentially have a regret owning it after driving it for a while, if I were to buy it.

I just want to make sure! We will see how it goes!

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Nice! I know I'm probably going to love the test drive on the turbo, but I wouldn't want to potentially have a regret owning it after driving it for a while, if I were to buy it.

I just want to make sure! We will see how it goes!
Some dealers have rental cars. My dealer does. Check with yours and see if they have a SE Turbo you can rent for a few days.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 2014 GLS, far from a Turbo, but the Sonata's have a new feature on the steering wheel on the right side, and the settings are Sport, Comfort, Normal, Only having 175 miles on mine, not a real good tester on this feature, but the sport setting seems a little tighter than normal setting, and the comfort setting is loose, comparing to normal setting, but I think any car with those tires that really look good, like a pimp mobile, if you get my drift, like your riding on the rims so to speak, it's going to be a rough ride, but try that feature, If I have it on a GLS, they all should have it. Good Luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I test drove SE turbo for 2014, I loved it. It's not that stiff or too bouncy as some people have described. It doesn't even bother me. My minor complaint, however, is that passenger seat is kind of low. Other than that, I am looking forward to purchase this model!

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
So I test drove SE turbo for 2014, I loved it. It's not that stiff or too bouncy as some people have described. It doesn't even bother me. My minor complaint, however, is that passenger seat is kind of low. Other than that, I am looking forward to purchase this model!
I think you'll love it! My 2012 Sonata SE had what looked like rubber bands stretched over the wheels. Now that was a rough ride! You'll have to post pics when you get it. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts