Sonata Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
It does look very close to the Taurus. I can see the reigning in of the design like Hyundai said it was going to do. Apparently the Koreans desire a more conservative look for the Sonata. So that is what Hyundai is going to give them, even if it makes it a bit less appealing to the Americans.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
I rather prefer the old design than the redesigned one. For some reason it makes me believe Hyundai copied the Taurus SHO rims to the 2013 Sonata turbo rims.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The rims are quite similar. I think Hyundai is trying to make sure that the Sonata is mass marketable. It doesn't want it to look too cool or anything. Like the Toyota Corolla, the point is to look nice and modern but don't push boundaries too much. This vehicle is meant to be sold to as many different people as possible worldwide. I think I might prefer the old design to this new one.

·
Registered
374 Posts
not liking the Sonata rendering in the original post but the spied test model is looking to be better, it almost looks like a new Ford Taurus in some ways.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought the old design was trying to hard and had to rely on that for sales. Hyundai is growing up, this is a grown up car. Maybe this one will actually work!

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can tell in the spy shot that the headlights are changing to something that is more similar to the rendering. A bit more square at the corner instead of being more severe and pointy. Can't tell too much else from the spy shot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts