Sonata Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way home from work the engine light started flashing and the car misfired - I had to crawl home at about 25 miles per hour. Took to shop and they said all it was is that it needed software update? If this had happened to me in the middle of nowhere what would I have done? I had an oil change in April and they then dont automatically update?

·
Registered
1 Posts
On my way home from work the engine light started flashing and the car misfired - I had to crawl home at about 25 miles per hour. Took to shop and they said all it was is that it needed software update? If this had happened to me in the middle of nowhere what would I have done? I had an oil change in April and they then dont automatically update?
My 2018 Sonata did the same on interstate 80 in PA. last week. I Had to have car towed to dealer, get a hotel in N.J. and rent a car.
Dealer said same thing, "computer update."
This exact same thing happened to me on December 31 at 10:30 pm on interstate 80 in the rain. Very unnerving. I am still waiting to get reimbursed for hotel, car rental, and taxi to car rental for the Dec. malfunction. I was told this is "campaign 953" issue. Hyundai has been unhelpful and the company they hired to handle this is useless.
I would not buy another.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts