Sonata Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
My question, does anyone have a issue with the 2.4 burning oil excessively? I have to add a quart every 3 day, does not smoke or leak a drop, just wondering if this is a common issue and if there is a fix to resolve this issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
My question, does anyone have a issue with the 2.4 burning oil excessively? I have to add a quart every 3 day, does not smoke or leak a drop, just wondering if this is a common issue and if there is a fix to resolve this issue?
My 2017 Eco has a different engine, the 1.6L, but the same problem. I'm not tracking the miles but I do a lot of highway driving and that seems to be the time I'm adding more often, once a week or so. No leaks, no smoke. My car is over 100K so neither Hyundai nor the local dealer will even discuss any accommodation for it. This is also the case for the peeling white roof paint. This is my third Hyundai and have enjoyed them all but my next one will likely be something else!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
Have a cylinder pressure check. It may tell you where the compression loss is coming from.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Check this discussion. They are mentioned using a low viscosity oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts