Sonata Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two or three weeks ago, voice recognition stopped working on my 9-month-old 2021 Sonata Limited. When I pushed the speak button on the left of the steering wheel, I could not get voice directions, nor could I get voice on my nav system. The dealer checked it out and agreed to order a new radio head unit (about $3,200). On the internet I found that people who downloaded and updated their nav system with the April 2021 update (available for free on MyHyundai.com) solved this problem. I bought a 64GB scandisc card at Target, regular postage size, not the micro card, and downloaded the update to my computer (about 30-60 minutes for 31GB). Then I installed that download on the 64GB card (about 30 minutes). I put the card into a card reader and connected it to the USB port on the front console of the car, and with the car engine running, go to General, System, Update. It updated in about 30 minutes.
My new wide screen is now blue, and replaces the previous 3-section screen. Touch the small arrow on the right of the screen for a split screen showing 2/3 map and 1/3 either compass or radio or weather. (Swipe the 1/3 screen up or down to select the one you want).
I hope this info helps someone. Go to MyHyundai.com for more information, and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts