Sonata Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a CPO 2011 SE w/48k a week ago. This is my first 4-banger I've owned and I'm still getting used to things. I had to take it in today because it was a nightmare trying to keep it in a lane, and they did a realignment. It drives much better, but it still seems to want to pull to the left a bit. The guy at the dealership says I just need to get used to it since EPS is a different feeling. I call bull but before I push the issue further, I want to make sure I'm not stupid. Anyways, a couple of other questions:

About 4k rpm, the motor starts to whine. It's not coming through speakers, it's definitely from the motor, and gets louder with higher RPM, all the way to redline. Is this normal on these motors?

If you're stopped, then let the brake go enough for the car to start to move, there's a mild vibration that persists until the car gets up to around 5mph. Normal?

I found a chip in the lip of the trunk, and it had a dark layer on it. Looked like rust, but they told me it's not rust but some sort of discoloration that won't spread. Again, sounds like bull to me, but I'm not totally up to date on newer auto tech.

Is there anyway to touchup the steering wheel? The gray grip that surrounds the steering wheel buttons is marred in several places, but I'm not sure if good old paint can blend in with whatever surface material that is or not.

I can provide pics if needed.

Thank you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I didn't see any replies to your post and not sure I have anything to offer, but...
I have a 2011 2.0T. The steering pulled left on me as well. But it has since gone away when I put new Yokohama tires on it. It was worse when new but either I got
used to it or it got used to me! See about an alignment check, all 4 wheels.
Don't know about the whine.
Vibration isn't right. Could be the transmission? I'm sure you checked the fluid.
Was it dirty?
Since it's used they may try to blame you (previous owner) for the discoloring. Tough
call since you don't know if the old owners used something or something got on it.
Steering wheel. Leather? See about leather dye. Maybe you can re-dye the leather and make it look new-er. Not sure what you mean about the buttons. The button on the steering wheel cannot be replaced. The whole steering wheel
would have to be replaced if a switch/button goes bad. $1000 (yeah I added the right number of zeros)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts