Sonata Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

My wife and I recently purchased a 2011 Sonata SE, 2.0T. I would like to add a remote starter to the car. The prefered system would be one that could be started by a smart phone. Has anyone had any experience with these, or know if this is even an option with the push button start? Thanks

Aaron

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know whether installing a starter void any part of the warranty.
I'm a new Hyundai Sonata car owner and would also really like an auto starter.

Another query....is it possible to change the "fat" remote to a credit card size remote?

Thnaks for any info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Car Remote for Sonata Hybrid

Is it possible to install a car remote starter in a Sonata Hybrid?
I live in Canada and the winters are cold.
I checked with the dealership and they said there was no
possible accessory.
I checked with Hyundai Canada and they said the electric motor
required too much power.
Has anyone installed a remote starter on a Hybrid?

·
Registered
19 Posts
possible accessory.
required too much power.

No not on a hybrid sorry. And even the the push start sonats the hyundai starters are not that great as they shut off in 7 min they cant set them any longer

·
Registered
1 Posts
If your car has a Blue Link option , then you can start it from your smart phone. Just download the Blue Link app. You also will need a subscription to the Hyundai's Blue Link

·
Registered
2 Posts
Remote Starter for 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid

possible accessory.
required too much power.
Check out Compustar Pro 901, or 902 (2 way), or G8 or G7. I had one installed today & it works dandy. Kind of expensive but as you stated it's cold outside (-17 degrees F 2 days ago) here in North Dakota!

·
Registered
7 Posts
My dealership told me they can install an OEM remote start as long as it does not have push button start. Not sure why that is, but it's what they said.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A few options depending on a few variables. Installing aftermarket electronics that integrate itself into the car's power system (remote start for example), will void the vehicles warranty as well as hurt the car's overall resale value. The dealership can install a remote starter in your car if you do not already have Blue Link available. Blue Link allows for remote start from wireless connections. If you do not have Blue Link already in the vehicle, the dealership can also install a standard remote starter. This will be the type that require you to use a key fob and be within a certain range of the vehicle, but it will keep your warranty intact as well as resale value since it is an OEM product. My local dealership quoted me about $650.00 USD for the hardware and labor to install a standard remote start.

If you absolutely must have a remote starter that works on a wireless connection without Blue Link, then you need to go aftermarket. A popular company and product would be Viper SmartStart. Keep in mind, these services also include a fee for the service which includes finding lost cars, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
possible accessory.
required too much power.

I had one on a 2010 Prius no issues

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a 2012 Sonata Hybrid and I was told by the dealership, and Hyundai Canada that adding a remote starter would void the warranty. Also rustproofing/undercoating the car even the electronic rust protection module (which I had been using since 2006) would void the warranty as well. I was certainly not happy on hearing any of this as our Canadian winters can be fierce, brutal (road salt), and extremely cold.
I now have a 2015 Sonata Ltd. and I'm waiting for Hyundai to release an auto start for it. I had it included in my purchase. The latest that I've heard is the auto start is expected the end of the year. Keeping my fingers crossed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts