Sonata Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a co-worker of mine has i believe its an 09 Sonata, it doesnt have fog lights, but he wants them, and not the universal crap either...

So my question is this, if i order the fog light housings off Rock Auto, and perhaps the replacement switch arm(i guess thats where the fog switch is?) what else is needed to install them correctly in a manner that they'll work as they should....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come to think of it, i dont know the exact year of his car... thus i dont actually know anything but i do know what it looks like, and that the climate control is a person looking like they are sitting.... and it looks like the one up on the left of the banner....

if that helps...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Search E-bay and Amazon for OEM Foglight Kits. I found one for my Charger for $60 plus Shipping. Came with all the Wiring, Relay, Lights, Housings, Bulbs etc... It was 100% there. If you try and add Factory Fogs to a Car that didn't come out with them. You will have to wire into the Fuse Box and switch out Switch on the Dash. Plus make all your own wiring. Kits will come with the correct wire length, inline fuses and relays needed...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ehh he wants the stock OEM genuine parts blah blah blah and i was wrong its a '11 so i actually know nothing about where the switch would be etc etc

·
Registered
222 Posts
Going to be hard to find OEM. You can look at Hyundai OEM parts stores or call around Hyundai dealers to do a nation wide search. You need to find the part number first though.

You also need the harness and switch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For fog lights for 2011, at least for the Sonata, maybe other models, look at Shark Racing. They have OEM for the Sonata, under $200 last time I checked. Fog light switch on Sonata is on the left hand side of steering wheel, where the headlight switch is. I believe it is a separate switch on the stalk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts