Sonata Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you please share your experiences with aftermarket GPS units for Sonata 2011-2013?

I found bunch of them on Ebay from below $500 to $800. Some are shipped from USA but cheaper ones are from Hong Kong and China.

They claim they keep steering wheel controls. XM radio might be problem.. but I'm not fan of XM. I'm not going to subscribe after trial subscription.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Their is a company called Unavi that offers a true aftermarket Nav system. Completely works with the existing wiring. Looks stock and these guys really back up their product. I installed one on my 2012 sonata with the backup camera and am so overwhelmed by the quality, fit and performance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd like to upgrade my standard 2012 Sonata radio also but I've had bad luck with another car when I installed an aftermarket GPS. The voice commands and cell phone quality on the stock radio is pretty decent. Does the Unavi unit retain this functionality?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, with UNAVI you keep all of your present features and just add the NAV and backup camera if selected. There partner is CarLightTrends. My wife just told me last night that I need to get the UNAVI X5 soon. Man I love her!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
@kindred90 Not yet. Other events are taking my $$ right now. However I'm saving for it. She wants is installed soon to the point she has me on a plan to have it paid for and professionally installed. I've never seen the Mod bug hit her before...I'm loving it. I have to go get pricing and material review for tinting this week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts