Sonata Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a hard time finding anyone that carries any aftermarket Struts and Shocks for my 2015 Hyundai Sonata. I actually have my car up to 125K miles and I need my stock ones replaced, but Hyundai wants to charge me almost $1000 for all struts and shocks for just parts alone. Does anyone know where I can get cheaper OEM parts or aftermarket? Do any Kia parts or older Hyundai parts cross over? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check ebay. I found a listing on eBay for a left side strut for $199 shipped. Doesn't fit hybrid or sport suspension, though. Right front $140 shipped. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been looking at www.shockwarehouse.com at what they offer. There are something called "Unity Automotive" complete strut/spring/mount assemblies that are a little over $100 for each corner, SHIPPED. I called both the retailer and supplier, and was told that YES, these are off-shore sourced. The supplier said that they were made by the same factories that supply the automakers and other aftermarket parts companies, and just labeled/distributed by Unity (a new-ish company.) I'm seriously thinking I will give these a try, at least for the front struts. I'm not going to pay the big bucks to Hyundai/Kia for crappy OEM struts when its possible these cheap-o units are the exact same thing under the paint. Thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts