Sonata Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So..

I was a previous owner of a tuned 98 Tiburon. I loved that little bitch! However, where I previously lived I'd drive at most 200 miles a month (I miss this..) Now - I drive 60 miles a day. I didn't build the engine on my RD1 to sustain such mileage nor did it give me a piece of mind that one day she wouldn't just go KaPuT on the side of the road leaving me in sorrow.

So, time for something more dependable - a 2013 Sonata.

I didn't care for the way the SE felt.. and the limited 2.0T was out of my price range. I grabbed a GLS in the end but I had two requirements.

1) Shimmering White
2) Camel Interior

The rest was a plus.. "Popular Package" along with Alloys, Fogs, Bluelink, Tinted Windows, TephSeal (Though I may call bs on this?), etc..

They wanted 28k w/ 10yr/100k Bumper2Bumper..
OTD I paid 18k - I'll take it.

I LOVE THIS CAR.. I'm sorry.. I love Fiona. I've always wanted to name my car but never quite felt like it was right.. oh yeah, she's a beaut. I've owned her since the 22nd and I've waxed her 3x haha..

Anyhoo.. HELLO EVERYONE! I use to frequent HyundaiAftermarket.org but not exactly the friendliest bunch as far as the senior members go. They've got a bit of an entitled/pretentiousness to them.. so I'm seeking refuge elsewhere.

Hope this is the place.. because there's lots I want to do to Fiona..

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lol @ "loved that little bitch!" The Tiburon has grown on me over the years too! I'd go with a Genesis now, if I lived in an area that were condusive to RWD. Welcome to the site btw! I joined recently to see upgrades/reasons why or why not on upgrading to the YF.
How is the 2.4 on power and engine noise etc..? I have the 6 in my NF so thats been a concern of mine. I test drove the 2.0T but have concerns with engine life on it as well.. Anyway, enjoy the site, I'm sure you'll find lots of ideas for "Fiona" on here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Engine noise..

Well what I'm use to is muuuch louder BUT I can say that the 2.4 runs nice and quiet.

I notice a subtle chatter for the first five seconds its cranked but after that its extremely quiet. As far as power is concerned it depends on your fancy..

With ECO mode on, the general acceleration is there if you want it to be but its a smooth climb. If I goose it she definitely responds.

If I turn ECO off, throttle response is much more defined and rather impresses me. Be it jumping from 0-50 or moving from 60-90.. it'll do it with minimal hesitation.

If I'm on a two lane highway and I need to make a quick pass.. I'll use the shiftronic and drop it down to 4th from 6th gear and it's almost gives me the satisfaction I had with a standard gear box.

I'm sure the 2.0T has a higher acceleration, I just was in the market for a smooth ride so the SE was too rugged for what I wanted. Granted in my Tiburon I could feel every grain of sand underneath my tires so the SE wasn't THAT rigid but the GLS/Limited have a little more relaxed fit with the chasis/suspension IMO.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, definitely something I hadn't taken in to account is the rigidness of the 2.0T, seeing as how I have a pretty long daily commute the 2.4 could be the better fit for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback, definitely something I hadn't taken in to account is the rigidness of the 2.0T, seeing as how I have a pretty long daily commute the 2.4 could be the better fit for me.
I hear ya long commute! I drive about 70 miles every day when working.. and just in the short span I drove the SE I felt a noticeable difference. Yes, it did feel a bit more responsive - but having just come from an EXTREMELY responsive vehicle; it wasn't a positive. If a car is going to have a "sport" like suspension, it should have everything else to go with it. The SE feels/looks like a smooth ride but it just has those added tidbits that I can feel in the steering wheel and chasis around me.

So I said thanks, but no thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts