Sonata Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes... i know its the sxi sonata, but is that front lip/side officialy for sale? i like it alot.. looks simple and nice, studie is personally too agressive for me and for my current height

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow, I was just about to post a thread exactly like this, glad I checked first to see if one was already here!

I am in love with this kit too, perfect for my taste. Anything more aggressive looks too "tuner" for my taste. And how about that grille? So yummy.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont like that grill lol... but its hyundai's 'performance' grill, you can buy it for a a$$ spanking price of $400 at your local stealership near you....

·
Registered
35 Posts
i dont like that grill lol... but its hyundai's 'performance' grill, you can buy it for a a$$ spanking price of $400 at your local stealership near you....
I really hope youre joking.... $400??? Its definitely not worth that!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no joke lol, i remember seeing that at my local dealership for $399... and website it was listed for $450
the quality is also rediculously cheap too... just plastic with some bondo behind to hold the black honeycomb grill and cheap plastic chrome trim around.. its rediculous

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's the grill I have minus the red Stripe. BTW. The build quality is not as bad as you say it is. The Dealership had it there for a few years so I finally asked them how much they wanted.....picked it up for $75! That's actually the Look I'm going for. I agree...anything more and it looks TOO modified. I remember that the kit was being offered at the dealership for a short time. It was pretty expensive..over $2000. The Burlington Ontario Hyundai Dealership had them. They actually sold a few Sonatas with the Kit installed and called it the Sonata SR-R (dealership badging). Along with the Body kit they also had the Eibach Pro spring and 18" wheels from FAST

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lolol @ Fast wheels......

but i dont think they resemble the tomato kit at all.. looks completly different

·
Vendor
96 Posts
Looks similar to the kit that M&S makes for the Genesis Coupe.

If there's enough interest in this kit, we actually could work with a local manufacturer (Sarona Design) to get it made. I would absolutely have to run this by my boss, but we'd probably need about 10-15 people to commit to getting it produced.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
10-15 people? thats more than the actual active members who post on this forum, lol!

·
Registered
58 Posts
True 10-15 people to commit might be a bit hard from this forum. What kinda pricing would we be expecting if we did get 10-15 people? Less than the Studie kit?? Also, would they offer the parts seperately? Front Lip, Side Skirts, rear lip? I'm still looking at the Studie kit from your site bit the pricing looks a bit off in the CDN vs US funds.
Can you confirm if its still $750 US and $950 CDN? plus shipping

·
Registered
58 Posts
Actually when you are on the main page for the Studie kit, Canada purchase shows $750 but when you "ADD TO CART" it changes to $975

·
Vendor
96 Posts
True 10-15 people to commit might be a bit hard from this forum. What kinda pricing would we be expecting if we did get 10-15 people? Less than the Studie kit?? Also, would they offer the parts seperately? Front Lip, Side Skirts, rear lip? I'm still looking at the Studie kit from your site bit the pricing looks a bit off in the CDN vs US funds.
Can you confirm if its still $750 US and $950 CDN? plus shipping
All prices listed are in U.S. dollars. The $950 USD includes shipping (that's why it's more).

As for the other kit, I really have no idea what pricing/ parts/ etc would be. Let me get with my Boss and see what he has to say. Should have an update tomorrow.

·
Vendor
96 Posts
Actually when you are on the main page for the Studie kit, Canada purchase shows $750 but when you "ADD TO CART" it changes to $975
Yup that's because the system is automatically adding in shipping/ duties/ customs/ etc when you go to the cart. I don't know why just this product is set up that way. Most of the time when there's an extra charge for international shipping it's listed on the product page.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
so its been a couple of days, any pricing on this yet?

·
Vendor
96 Posts
so its been a couple of days, any pricing on this yet?
He hasn't gotten back to me yet. I'll email him later today to see if he has any information for me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts