Sonata Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2012 Sonata and I have discovered a very annoying flaw. At night the audio system display is so dim I can't read it. I have to turn the dash illumination level up to about 80% to be able to read the audio display. This makes all of the other dash lights way too bright to drive with. I would think the audio display and the clock display should be the same brightness but they're not even close. Anybody else with this problem?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Have you brought this up with the dealership to see what their input is?

Is this the only Hyundai you have driven? I'm new to Hyundai's and wondering if this is a typical flaw in Hyundai vehicles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer looked at it and said it is "normal operation". They compared it to another 2012 on the lot and they were the same so they made no repairs. The "Hyundai cares" website said if the dealer says it's normal there is no complaint. I'm getting used to it but it still seems to be a flaw.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I feel the same way. Turn it up bright enough to see the audio info and dash lighs are way too bright. Turn dash lights down to where I like them and audio is too dim to see.

Oh well. I guess Hyundai is telling us to keep our eyes on the road. :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
The dealer looked at it and said it is "normal operation". They compared it to another 2012 on the lot and they were the same so they made no repairs. The "Hyundai cares" website said if the dealer says it's normal there is no complaint. I'm getting used to it but it still seems to be a flaw.
I'm starting to think it's something normal for Hyundai's. I have yet to see how this is in person. If you can take a pic that would be awesome, although seeing it in person i would have a better understanding.

It also might be a good idea they did this since some interior lights are really bright and can be "harsh" on the eye's

i think it's a matter of us getting use to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts