Sonata Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious if other owners have had issues with the BSD on the '14 Sonata. A couple of times mine has failed to turn on upon startup. The other time while driving on the highway my driver's screen said: BSD cancelled. I did not touch anything nor did I turn it off, but off it was. This happened twice the first time it was reset when I stopped and started the car. The second time it turn off then turned itself on after about 15 mins. Less than 5,000k on the car and I hope this is not one of these once in a while issues that the dealership has trouble fixing. Anyways has anyone else experienced a BSD problem?

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
I also had the same problem yesterday on the highway. The warning came on lasted about 30 minutes and then disappeared. I have not found anything on this glitch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hyundai BSD failure

I am having the same issue on my 2014 Santa Fe Sport. It has been going on for several months. It is at the dealer now for a third attempt at solving it. The BSD works initially, but "cancels" after ten to twenty unites of driving. This can be a safety issue...you get to rely on the warning and then it leaves you cold.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got word from the dealer that my issue has been solved. There was some kind of interference between the dealer installed trailer wiring harness and the BSD. I'm hoping this solves the issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
bsd canceled

yes I have the same problem in my 2014 santa fe have taken it to the dealer twice and still not resolved. not a happy camper

·
Registered
1 Posts
2015 Santa Fe BSD problem also

I have a 2015 Santa Fe GLS Ultimate and I only have 1500 miles on it after 30 days of owning it. Going down the highway today my car displayed the BSD problem also and the blind spot detection doesn't work now

·
Registered
3 Posts
Back to the dealership they recalibrated the bad and told me all was ok. Nope same problem, the dealership called technical and no help because there's no code. Sent me home with this ongoing issue I see a lemon law suit coming on.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new to the forums and just purchased a 2014 Sonata Limited Tech 2.0T and have noticed the BSD either responds late to a vehicle being in my blind spot or doesn't respond at all. I've only got 225 miles on it so was a bit put off by what seems to be an immediate problem with an important safety feature. Overall it seems to be a nice car, I'm coming from a 2013 Genesis 3.8 Tech+Premium which was totaled in a car accident I had a few months ago (lesson learned about not having GAP insurance) ..sigh lol. I'm taking it back into the dealer on Monday for them to look at and will post back with what they tell me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I, like you see problems with this. Mine started at 1400 miles, drive less than 5 miles and it's disabled, dealer will get it Wednesday, see them keeping it a couple hours and sending me with a so-called fix. When I do arrive at dealer will make sure the service writer see's the disabled screen. Have also noticed the A/C will disable itself so I have to wonder what else isn't quite right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A BSD error message came up on my 2015 Santa Fe Sport 2.0 ultimate AWD w/ tow package after about 2500 miles. After two trips to the dealership they say it's fixed. They're claiming that the tow package wiring was interfering with the BSD system. After the 10 mile ride home, it seems to be working fine now. We will see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 14 Santa Sport BSD Failed

My 2014 Santa Fe Sport has be "fixed" twice. It just failed me in a traffic circle and I just avoided a collision. This time no warning triangle.
When you think you have a system like this and get to depend on it, and it fails, you have BIG safety issue. I thin Hyundai needs a recall on the system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Frustrated and tired

We have been reporting the issue with the blind spot detector to our dealer for almost two years now and have got nowhere with them. They keep saying that they have not heard of anyone having this issue. Has anyone got anywhere with them.
Vern

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone actually got this fixed. To me this safety issue and should be a recall
I think it has something to do with your speed. While sitting in traffic and creeping at about 5-15 mph, my BSD cancelled. As soon as I cleared the traffic and sped up it turned back on?

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a known issue with the trailer hitch harness misrouted and interfering with the blind spot detection modules on the rear corners. It will cause your BSD to cancel at random times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
BSD fails again

There is a known issue with the trailer hitch harness misrouted and interfering with the blind spot detection modules on the rear corners. It will cause your BSD to cancel at random times.
My dealership first took the bait and was going to send me to the trailer hitch installer. They talked to the dealership and ended up being another "calibration issue" and the trailer hitch people said there is nothing to cause interference. So...after driving it for a day after re-calibration, the BSD light came on again (3rd time now). I don't know whether it really is the trailer hitch or not, but they were unaware of that cause. Can you let me know your source of information that it is a known issue? Also, I noticed it was raining all three times mine has failed and then needed re-calibration to work again. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
2015 Hyundai Sonata Certified

:D If any one is interested in getting into a newer Sonata, I have a pre-own one on my lot and it's ready to go. Low miles (20,070), still under the manufactures warrenty, the dealer gives it a two year maintenance plan as well. The car True Market Value is :eek: $24300.00, but we are selling for $21512.00. Its loaded with everything, and I mean everything. Navigation, Heated and Cooled Seats, Leather, Backup Camera, Panoramic Roof, LED lights, Fog Lights, Memory Seating, Power Seats. So much more to mention. If you are interested email me @ [email protected]. And if you are in the area ( Bartonsville, PA) come for a test drive.:eek:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts